How To Save Upload Time In Cpanel

Do not Extract files and then upload them by ftp, try the following

(1)open the file manager

Posted Image

(2)upload the zip or gz format file

Posted Image

(3)then extract the file

Posted Image

it save the comulation time for ftp client and the ftp server.

Thanks for the tutorial! Some people here at Xisto mentioned that you can extract zip files for faster uploads, but I couldn't figure out how to go about doing that. Now I know that you have to upload the .zip file first (on my old host, the .zip file was extracted during the upload process).Thanks again!

My! My!....you know what? this has never ever occured to me at all. I never knew that ftp servers has the ability to unzip zipped files in there. I have always had to extract the files and then upload the extracted files into the ftp server.Hey man, thanks for the tut. I am grateful.

come on hey...if you just use that it's just the same as me ever...but the problem is..can you find that ?if you just upload some zip file from filemanager then you just click to extract it on server ..when you found your all files extracted the permission is no read no excute..if you install something you must change the permission of every file.if you just worried of the every file you just use the ftp then select all to change the permission it's so boring.so i suggested just upload with ftp programe.

LOL!! Imagine that, I was going to upload file by file..... Until I read this. If I hadnt encountered this I would wasted a lot of time uploading 1 file at a time. Thanks a lot!!! This is such a great tutorial

That is something that i never would of found on my own. Thanks for that great feature It will come in handy. I wonder what other hidden features that are out there. Thanks Eric Drinkard

sorry for my bad English, so i choose to post picture.Hi guangdian:Yes, just as you mention, its trouble to change permission of files one by one.But, after i upload zip file and extract it, i can use ftp client to change the files permission. thanks.

Heym that's really neat. I had no idea you could extract files on the server. And if there's anything annoying about ftp-ing, it's having to upload loads and loads of file you've just extracted.Thanks for the tip wlite! :P

I never knew that compressed files could be extracted on the server. Thanks very much for this useful tip! It also saves uploading lots of small files and folders separately.

Great tip! Although most of the files I uploaded are not compressed, it's great to know that I don't have to unzip anything before starting up cpanel. I'll give it a try sometime.

Do not Extract files and then upload them by ftp, try the following

(1)open the file manager

Posted Image

(2)upload the zip or gz format file

Posted Image

(3)then extract the file

Posted Image

it save the comulation time for ftp client and the ftp server.

150900[/snapback]

I have read the TOS and i think that zip file are not allowed to be uploaded. But by you post, i thinks i can upload zip file now. Thanks a lot. It's useful for who does not have a FTP software because WebFTP often allow you upload from 5 to 10 files at the same time.

Once more thing you should not forget is decompression is automatic. It means that you can not choose target dir for your unzipped files. The folder's structure before you zip will not be change by unzip action and they will be extracted directly to the current dir that the zip file is uploaded.

Have fun!