xisto Community
Pdrive

Power Persuasion How to use hypnosis to get your way...

Hey Pdrive,So far I have not gotten any kind of communication from the course. I am wondering if I misunderstood anything when I registered. Of course I got a confirmation mail and a confirmation to my reply, but other than that... You can probably explain this. I hope :D However, I have been browsing the site and reading a lot of very insightful texts.I know most of NLP is modelling. But IMHO that does not make it any easier. On the contrary. I think the biggest challenge is to master self-control. When you control yourself it becomes easy to model exactly what you want. Otherwise, it becomes a mess and you will not see any results. I think that is the reason why many people just drop it out, thinking it is a scam.Thanks again. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.Joe

Facinating article.I however would not put that as a hypnosis technique. I have taken one interpersonal communications class and have gone to a couple of seminars on simular subjects. What you are talking about is communication skills and somewhat manipulation. Persuasion sounds better than manipulation though. There are three types of natural persuaders or manipulators. Conscious, subconscious and semi conscious. A conscious manipulator knows what they are trying to do and will change their tactics if it is not working. A subconscious manipulator does not knwo they are trying to manipulate some one and get frustrated or do not know why things are not going their way. A semi-conscious manipulator sometimes knows what they are doing and sometimes does not. Alot of people fall into the semi catagory.The interpersonal communication class and seminars really opened my eyes to learning how to better communicate with other people. I still am not the best at it but net everyone is. I think everybody had good days and bad days with communication. We all get mad and stuck in our ways on some things. One of the most interesting things that has stuck with me about that class and the seminars is the physical things that people do without realizing it.For example if one person crosses their legs at the ankle over the coarse of the next few minutes other people will cross their legs at the knee or at the ankles too with out realizing that they are doing it becuase someone else is doing it. Its the same way with interlacing your fingers together in your hands or putting one hand on another. Its interesting how we subconsciously communicate.

Joer,About the course...As I said, the course they offer is not just some free email subscription thing... it's a full on interactive training. As the online "class" works through the material, there will be constant feedback and assistance, live, from NLP experts. This course is a huge undertaking, and of course, its all absolutely free... so Shlomo, the editor of the site, is waiting for a certain number of people to sign up for the course, before he actually begins it.It's not the kinda thing you can join halfway thorugh, because of the nature of the content... so we're all waiting til 2000 people sign up. Its not that far off, as a goal.It's simply to so Shlomo, and the others involved in creating the course, are not wasting their time... they wanna teach lots of people.So yeah, be patient.In the meantime, theres thousands of articles for you to read and catch up on... and you can check the forum attached to the site, if you want anymore info on the course... or even just to discuss some of the things you learn and enjoy.About the control... NLP gives specific stratagies to "gain" that control... it essentially teaches you to "drive your own bus" - to quote one of NLP's founders.Pdrive

Unicornrose,What you say about it not being "hypnosis" depends entirely on your definition of hypnosis... now, Im a very competent hypnotist... I hypnotise most people I speak with - but I never tell them I do it... I hardly ever use the word "hypnosis"....... to me (and most others in my field) hypnosis is simply an altered-state of consciousness... where the critical faculty of conscious mind is bypassed. The practical upshot of this is that the subject loses the ability to judge the "truth" of the suggestions made by the hypnotist. In other words, the suggestions made become a reality for the subject.So in some ways, my article is about hypnosis - in some ways it isnt. Theres certainly no watch-swingin' involved :D These conscious/un-conscious definitions that you know about - they're not all that accurate. I can think of many possible instances when those rules don't apply.Here's something simmilar... a NLP principal about learning.The four steps of Learning:1. Unconsciously uncompetent - When you don't even know you can't do it... 2. Conscious uncompetencey - When you know that you can't do it... like how I know I can't hang-glide3. Consciously competency - when you can do it, but you have to consciously think about every step... like when I first leant to drive.. Clutch goes in, gear into first, a bit of gas, as clutch comes out...4. Unconscious competency - When you drive all the way from work to home, without even thinking about cars at all.... you can't even remember stopping at the intersection.You'll find that this concept of learning can be applied to anything, including communications skills.What you noticed about body language is what we, in NLP, call non-verbal rapport...when people are in a state of rapport they tend to pace each others experience, providing each other a feedback about each others experience... that's a true "understanding" - the best kind of communication.People match and mirror body language, when they are in rapport with one and another.Pdrive

well, not the typical type of thing i was thinking in my mind..was thinking you know.. like those in tv shows...the evil guy will hold a pendulum bob and swing it in front of the helpless victim..the evil guy chant something....and the victim slowly falls into a trance...and will do the evil guy's bidding...haha, a little too dramatic though...

thats a very archaic and in-accurate view of what hypnosis is... the tv shows are more about entertainment than hypnosis... don't believe everything you see on tvThough I can and have done a formal hypnotic induction with a swinging watch :) Pdrive

You can free yourself from bad habits, destructive patterns of behaviour, difficulties with your health, interrelationship tensions. Also, if you have a nervous disposition and upcoming events get you crazy you can eliminate the stress factor.Whatever it is you want to change about yourself you can do it through self-hypnotic auto suggestion. Whenever you plant suggestions into your sub-conscious they become part of your programme. New suggestions will write over the existing programme. There is no need for you to fight with yourself. Your new programme will soon begin to run on automatic just the same as your existing one does now.You can change as much about yourself as you want. But you will change only in so far as your programme is changed. Bypassing the conscious mind is a real neat trick and once you have mastered how to do it, the rewards will be immense.The technique is to first induce a self-hypnotic state, which is real easy once you know how. You follow this by implanting suggestions into the now accessible subconscious mind, without any interference from the conscious mind.To a certain extent we are all subject to a programmed way of thinking, responding behaving, acting and reacting. Fears, phobias, habits, attitudes and beliefs are all part of our programme, some of it is good, some bad and some totally useless.The one thing to be done is to sift through your own programme and weed out the things that are not serving you. Know that you CAN overcome them, even if there are things about you that are well and truly ingrained and are seriously disrupting the enjoyment of your life.A few people can get success on this... ?do you wanna try it?

Hi guys,

I wrote this article for nlpweekly.com - a friend of mine is the webmaster.

Its about Neuro Linguistic Programming - and how to use it in everyday persuasion. It involves hypnosis. OOooo!!!

PS this really really works

So here goes:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Although this is your article, since it was published elsewhere before this posting don't forget the usage of quote tags. Thanks. UPDATE: removed quote tags. It was my misunderstanding of quote tags for author's own work. Restored as original.

Notice from rejected:
Quote tags added, a rule on the front page says:

150883[/snapback]

Sounds very intresting. Now wonder if it works. If it does something could be working here. But thanks for posting this. It is very good to read this.

This is an excellent article. I for one am in the sales business and I am one of the best international sales reps in my line of work. I wouldnt have gotten to where I am today if it wasnt for persuasion. It takes a lot of finesse and skill. I could talk you in to buying back the big screen tv I just stole from you.I have also learned to take my persuasiveness into other aspects of mjy life, i.e. car buying, and shopping for big ticket items. I can pretty much make the sales representative feel like HE is giving me the best deal he can when in actuality it is the deal that I want. I love the power of persuasion.

you see, with me, persuasion techniques dont include hypnosis, they involve a big heavy metal object and a lot of shouting lmao