xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pdrive

Monitors Theyre really cheap now

Hi all!Just noticed the cheapness of second hand 21" CTR monitors. Many manufacturers - including Sony - have stopped making these monitors, instead switching to LCD and Plasma.This is why they've just suddenly dropped in price - you can now get a Trinitron (second hand) for under $120.These are arguable the best CTR monitor in the world! Grab this fantastic oppertunity..PDrive

Yes I saw that. But they will be even more cheaper further on. Everyone wants an LCD monitor now, so noone buys CRT monitors and so their price is dropping down fast.But the same is happening also with the LCD monitors. They are also cheaper and cheaper. This affects new ones as old ones.

Yes, It depends a lot where you live but they are defently cheaper now. Correct me if i am not rigth but CRT are more harmful for eyes than TFT/LCD. Plus the space they need it is huge. If i am a lot of hours in front of a computer like most of trap's members are, i will buy a TFT. It is a clische but the health is the first thing. Better to hava good 17" TFT monitor as the best graphic card.

LCD is the best monitor nowadays... LCD provide great view and smooth graphics and especially good for gaming programmer, I really like LCD...

Why CRT's are still in business: They have a better refresh rating, are cheaper, and are being used in facilities where timing is the most important thing. (Hospitals, etc, etc). No idea why they stopped making them :S

Aside from the eye strain factor (which is definently and issue) CRT monitors are still considered the best quality type of monitor availble.The problem with LCDs is that they cant accuratly create black - its always a semi-grey shade.Also the colours and contrast change depending on the lighting of the room your in. This is a huge problem for graphics and multimedia work.But yes, the bonuses of space saving and no eye strain certainly make LCDs a good (but still expensive) way to go for day to day computer use.PdrivePS The delay of LCDs is not too cool, either.

Is it better to get a LCD or a CRT becuase the LCD looks better, but the refresh rates are much worse than what you can get with a CRT. How much of a difference does the refresh rates on moniters make and whats the best value LCD moniter.kevin

Hi all!

Just noticed the cheapness of second hand 21" CTR monitors. Many manufacturers - including Sony - have stopped making these monitors, instead switching to LCD and Plasma.

This is why they've just suddenly dropped in price - you can now get a Trinitron (second hand) for under $120.

These are arguable the best CTR monitor in the world!

Grab this fantastic oppertunity..

PDrive

150878[/snapback]

their picture quallity is a beauty

Yes I saw that. But they will be even more cheaper further on. Everyone wants an LCD monitor now, so noone buys CRT monitors and so their price is dropping down fast.

But the same is happening also with the LCD monitors. They are also cheaper and cheaper.

This affects new ones as old ones.

152061[/snapback]

You're all correct, here you can have monitor for only PHP2,000 that was 36 dollars something...

CTR monitor was become cheaper and cheaper as new flat screen and lcd monitor become higher and higher...

what do you think 2 years from now? is there any manufacturing will manufactured the ctr monitor or just let it gone in the wind...

For me I think they should continue manufacturing CTR monitor because some can't afford to buy plasma or TFT monitor eh...

What yours? :rolleyes:

They may be cheap now, and yes that is a great price. Soon you won't even be able to buy a CRT any longer because LCD monitors will become standard completely. I remember reading an article long ago that said LCD will become standard in the year 2003. Well here it is and they're still around. They're a good alternative, but they come with pros and cons.Pros to CRTs:- Older technology, but greatly improved over the years- Higher resolution- Higher FPS (frames per second)- Smaller pixels- More reliable- Longer life- Cheaper priceCons to CRTs:- Uses more power- Big and bulkyPros to LCDs:- Smaller, and good for transportation- Use between 60% - 80% less electricity than a CRTCons to LCDs:- More expensive- Lower resolution- Less picture quality- Less FPS- Larger pixels- Less reliable (you must have at least 5% of your pixels burnt out for the warranty to allow an exchange)- Shorter life, and plasma ones too - shorter lifeThere may be more pos and cons to both, but I didn't bother writing them down. :D:unsure:

There may be more pos and cons to both, but I didn't bother writing them down. :)  :unsure:

157696[/snapback]

well, it's long, but ok as far as I see :)

- Use between 60% - 80% less electricity than a CRT

Is it realy that much? Thought it wasn't a big difference. However most people can afford the CRT, despite the fact it consumes lots of power, so it don't weights very heavy

- Smaller, and good for transportation

I think that is the only real pro for LCD. Handy if you don't have a lot of room. But again, if you have some money you have probably also enough room for a CRT (which has so many advantages)

If I would need a new monitor I would take a CRT for sure. It is probably not the future, but right now it's the best, and that's imo the only thing that counts :D