xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeyondEarth

Internet Hiccups And Connection Issues Wow... where do I start?

Ok I have to basic issues. 1)- When I startup my computer, in order to connect to my DSL access, I need to go into the command prompt and type "net start dhcp server" Otherwise I end up with all 0's when i type ipconfig and we all know that means no internet! So the question here is... what do I have to do to fix this!2)- When My internet is running, approximately every 15 minutes, it "Hiccups" my word for temporarily loses connection for not even a second! I get logged out of any messenger programs, and the page I am currently loading gets that usual error whenever theres internet problems. I am quite sure I dont have a disconnect when idle option turned on.So the question is yet again... what do I have to do to fix this! lolI know my questions are vague and I dont have much info on my system. Windows XP Pro. Thats all I got! Please help! If you need more info I can get it for you, all input is appreciated! Thanks so much!

Hi BeyondEarth,Your two issues are both related. Theyre probably related to your computer not being configured correctly with your DSL modem(box). You internet provider can (and should) help you with this issue.Hope this helps :P RGPHNX

Go to your control panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services.Make sure DHCP Client is started and set to Automatic.To set to automatic right click on DHCP Client -> Properties -> Drop down box to Automatic -> Apply -> OkWhat version Windows?What DSL Modem/Router?What Broadband Company?

Ok! So I have now set DHCP client to automatic! Woo!!!! Fixes that... hopefully... *Has yet to test*Alrighty now...Windows Xp Pro (need more info?)Westell Wirespeed i think... model B90-210015-04And I have Verizon With MSN!Help please! lol... And thanks of course! :P