xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeyondEarth

Play By E-mail Rpgs Are they still cool?

Hey Everyone. First of all, if you don't know what a Play by E-mail game is, its pretty self explanatory. Basically, its a very simple and long going dungeons and dragons type game. What you do, is you create a character, description, abilities, biography, etc. And then every day, you would email your "Action" to the host and they would then update what you do whether its say a theiving job, attacking monsters, training your character, etc. You would gain exp, money, and whatnot during the daily update. You could have special events such as tournaments and special storyline options. They can place in any era. Future, medieval, pirates, whatever lol.Anyways! The whole point of this, I was curious if there was actually any interest out there in them still because... The whole reason I am doing this is to start my own PBEM Rpg! I have a good layout and stuff done. Its based in the future during colonization of other planets and you are a pilot of a mech. You will be able to do in mech actions and pilot actions as well.So if you think theres still hope in these types of games I appreciate the feedback! What are the positives of them? What are the negatives? Any ideas for mine Will be taken as well! All comments on this are welcome and appreciated. Thanks Much!

I might be willing to join just to get back into the habit of role playing. I have my own site which did some e-mail gaming for a while but right now its undergoing a rewrite. I don't know If I can commit to every day but I would sure do 4-5 times a week.

I have never done them simply because i am just one of those people who take my rpg's to seriously and if i dont know the GM (games master) or can't see him.. How do i know he is jipping me off.....but sometimes you just gotta do whatever....being as that your from here and wanting to try I would be willing to help you out with it if you want let me know.....can email me demitrious.tra@gmail.com

Woo!!! Just thought you all should know my site is finally done! Beyond Earth: The New Age

I still really would like all the input you guys can give me on play by email games. What's good and what's bad. I know if you looked, my game appears to be play by post, but it has the same exact feel as a play by email game so I really would like input! Lol Thanks guys!

-BeyondEarth.

cool~ i want able to try out play by email onesbut i was able to do some play by post roleplays.>~btw your site is down T_Ti miss those kinds of RPs since there isnt that much rpg factors in the mmo's out there now~hopefylly the new ones might actually give emphasis on roleplaying~