xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrescasta

Computer Static & Lag Issue

I have this: -------------------------------------------- AMD 3000+ 450W PSU MGE NINJA Case 1024 DDR Corsair Ram GeForce 6800GT 2x 80GB Western Digital 7200RPM Hard Drives Windows XP Professional -------------------------------------------- The computer worked perfectly fine for over 5 months. The computer was set-up using ONLY the drivers form the CDs provided with the parts for my computer. After 5 months of a perfectly functioning computer. The start-up time jumped from 10 seconds loading windows XP (The loading bar when you start-up did 4 passes from one end to the other before loading, now took on the range from 7-20). After that happened, my music started to lock up (It sounded like when you try playing music using over 100% of system resources). Games then started to become laggy, lock up, all in the same sequence with the sounds lagging. I had thought this was Spy-Ware so I ran a check with a HUGE amount of Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus programs. Nothing worked. I had done a COMPLETE format. The computer worked perfectly for about a week. I just then moved the computer from my mothers house to my fathers house. Apon connecting it and turning it on, it came back. It was Wednesday, so I tried RESTORING it back to tuesday when it worked fine. To my amazement, it worked perfectly again. It worked for 24 hours until the next day when I turned it on again, it came back! I did another restore and it worked. I had continued this process for about 5 days, giving me the time I wanted to play music and play games. Now restoring takes litterally over an hour (Just like the slow start-up times, loading anything takes a million times longer to load). When trying to copy a file while listening to music, thats when the most distinct problem of lag appears, or burning a CD, as I said though, this is on all programs and applications. I had since then, after I formatted and installed all of the drivers provided on the CD (The drivers that worked perfectly for 5+ months). The problem came back, and I figured updating to the latest drivers would help. It didn't. I don't know what the problem could be. I have nothing Illegal (Limewire/Kazaa/360 Share/WinMX/Morpheaus/etc.) Nothing that was put back into my system that could cause this problem again. As I said, I did a complete (Not quick) format and the problem occurs again and again. I don't know what to do anymore. Thanks for the help Andrescasta

Hi andrescasta,A computer virus can cause this type of problem... If your absolutely sure the computer is clean of virus's .. then.. It's probably Windows XP SP2 that's causing it. Did you have the "automatic download" for windows updates turned on?. Maybe you need to check for new Windows Xp "updates" & download & install them. If that doesn't correct the problem.. then.. I'd re-check the computer again with a different anti-virus program.If that still doesn't solve the problem.. then..You definitely have a hardware AND/or hardware driver problem.Goto my website & do a complete hardware troubleshooting checkup. The flowcharts there show you how to do it. Take notes as you work thru the charts, just in case you encounter problems & need more help.Hope this helps :P RGPHNXps- post back with the results, so we know that your problem is solved.

I have this:

--------------------------------------------

AMD 3000+

450W PSU MGE NINJA Case

1024 DDR Corsair Ram

GeForce 6800GT

2x 80GB Western Digital 7200RPM Hard Drives

Windows XP Professional

--------------------------------------------

The computer worked perfectly fine for over 5 months. The computer was set-up using ONLY the drivers form the CDs provided with the parts for my computer. After 5 months of a perfectly functioning computer. The start-up time jumped from 10 seconds loading windows XP (The loading bar when you start-up did 4 passes from one end to the other before loading, now took on the range from 7-20). After that happened, my music started to lock up (It sounded like when you try playing music using over 100% of system resources). Games then started to become laggy, lock up, all in the same sequence with the sounds lagging. I had thought this was Spy-Ware so I ran a check with a HUGE amount of Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus programs. Nothing worked.

I had done a COMPLETE format. The computer worked perfectly for about a week. I just then moved the computer from my mothers house to my fathers house. Apon connecting it and turning it on, it came back. It was Wednesday, so I tried RESTORING it back to tuesday when it worked fine. To my amazement, it worked perfectly again. It worked for 24 hours until the next day when I turned it on again, it came back! I did another restore and it worked. I had continued this process for about 5 days, giving me the time I wanted to play music and play games.

Now restoring takes litterally over an hour (Just like the slow start-up times, loading anything takes a million times longer to load). When trying to copy a file while listening to music, thats when the most distinct problem of lag appears, or burning a CD, as I said though, this is on all programs and applications. I had since then, after I formatted and installed all of the drivers provided on the CD (The drivers that worked perfectly for 5+ months). The problem came back, and I figured updating to the latest drivers would help. It didn't.

I don't know what the problem could be. I have nothing Illegal (Limewire/Kazaa/360 Share/WinMX/Morpheaus/etc.) Nothing that was put back into my system that could cause this problem again. As I said, I did a complete (Not quick) format and the problem occurs again and again. I don't know what to do anymore. Thanks for the help

Andrescasta

150741[/snapback]

Hellow andrescasta! In your case maybe you have infected with virus and now maybe it reside to some other files in your computer that always coming back eventhough you total formatted and re-installed the whole OS. Many virus now, use buffer flooding that sometimes use all memory.

You, you said that you re-formatted your hard drive, but some files, or I mean you backup files was infected already, so everytime you accessed that files the virus maybe awaken and become active, you cannot overcome this case if the virus is always there inside, you reformat your disk and restore the backup files right? So, if the virus is in the backup files it will also restored and become active for a certain number of hours or days depending on how the virus works.

I suggets that you remove your hard disk from you computer and attached it to another PC's and run virus scanner, it is recommended that you use latest anti-virus program.