xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aajvs99

My Finally Completed Site

I like your site but you do need more color and more content. You might also want to decrease the image sizes because it does not load to quickly. Also, i would recommend creating a mouseover effect with CSS for your links on the left hand side where the background would change color to a light grey. If you need help doing this just PM me. Overall keep up the good work and i would also like to recommend moving the add to the bottom of the site because it is kinda annoying

Hi, May I ask a question? How long does your site run actively? I see your google rank is 3. It seems more than a lot of personal websites. What works do you make for your site? Just publish your site to search engine? Or there are many sites linking to your site?

I agree with fffanatics, you don't need those moving adds, it is distracting while reading content. I didn't notice slow loading time, maybe because I am on good connection here. Try to add some more content and make some colorise to your page and it will ne just fine. :D

Yes as stated above, it is very plain, but its the content that matters, i would recommend adding flash games etc to your site with download links and adding tutorials for all sorts of things and adding all the content that you do/dont like, it means everyone will get the maximum enjoyment out of your site.

Decent, but I think you could make this site a bit better.

1. You really have no color scheme to this site. It?s mostly grey, white, and black. This dulls the site in my opinion. Grey, white, and black work well with other colors, but together they give a washed out, dull, feeling. That blue (the one you have for the nav-rollovers), for example, are a good color you could use. But we don?t see enough of it.

2. Your header is likewise a bit dull. Simple isn?t bad, but this is a bit mundane. Be innovative with your headers, think of crazy ideas, and you can clean it up after. My point, give your header a little more attention. In my opinion, a header really sets the mood of your site, make that vibrant, and if gives immediate life to your website. Also, your header repeats the page; you honestly don?t really need this. It is your preference I suppose, but you are repetitive in your header (you say: ?Links?, for example, on the header, then on the page again). This forces the browser to download each header for each page; I would recommend using the same header every page.

3. You have no footer. Please add something like: ?copyright Your Name year. Some rights reserved? to the bottom of your page, in the grey. Then, add all your links on a different line.

Now I know this sounds like I?m degrading the value of your site. But this is not my intension. Your site is, honestly, better than a bunch I?ve seen. The three tips I gave you will knock up the style of this site greatly. Very nice work, keep going!

oh, and how do you like the google add thing? i'm interested in that

Edited by arcticsnpr (see edit history)

It is a pretty nice site. Looks really promising but could use a bit of improvement. The banner you are currently using is cool. You could use some more color though. The navigation mouseover is cool but I think you should change the colors up a bit. Don't have just white I would make the whole left navigation bar a different color and then use the mouseover. It'll make it look a bit more organized.

looking so good. top is so good. looks cool! Colour scheme is fine,but the news marquee stays in middle for so short time,i think u should increase some time in marquee to let the visitor read the text inside.welll good job though,keep it up!

to be honest i don't really like the color scheme as its a bit bland for my liking and i realed that it says unregistered version on your news box which i am fine with but might annoy other people and that i don't like the way the news box is animated i would think a up marquee would look better

I think its ok.... but kind of boring. I would add some graphics to spice things up, like in the headers, the background. It looks plain simple to me.