xisto Community
Gyad

Xanga Its an insult to professional web designers...

I am one of the many people who hate Xanga.I believe its an insult to the professional web designers that put hard work on to their site and have no one come to it.Xanga however is all premade for you and its popular.Its for the lazy people that want a site but don't know how to use HTML, PHP...etc codes.So what do you think?

Ah, yes. I do agree, sort of in a way. The layouts that you customize are waaay to basic, just a background and tables (unless you have Xanga premium). But don't blame people if thye don't know HTML yet. Xanga is just for rookies of HTML, and like most of us know, there are a LOT more rookies the professional. And lots of people visit each other's Xanga because you can join groups and subscribe to each other, it's much more easier on 1 site then having it on seperate sites, if you know what I mean. I don't use Xanga much, I just use if because I feel like customizing somthing other then my neopets account XD

Xanga's okay for those starting out in web design. Sure, it's not super-customizable, but it's a start...you have to start somewhere, right? On the other hand, I prefer good old HTML, CSS, and PHP. More work, but it's worth it in the long run.

I never saw Xanga as a webpage. I always thought Blogs and websites were different. Lol, guess I was wrong.I have a xanga but I made my own layout...meaning I have my own tables and what not. I personally don't think it looks like the other xangas but what the dude above said....xanga is for beginners. And it's just a fun way to 'meet' people or whatever.I have my own site, but I've been trying to make a new layout...haven't really had the time to really put effort into making it though >_>

People just want to interact with their friends with that sort of thing- at least they give some nice choices for their layouts.If you want to see some of the horrors of people with no experience in web design trying to customize a page, check out Myspace. The only way to make your profile look different is to go to a place somewhere off site and fill out a form, some of these people try to get so fancy and it turns out to be such a mess with the crzy fonts and backgrounds and the horrible side to side scrolling.

I also have an add on to what i said...Because so many people have Xangas, people can make skins, like on neopets. And when people make the skins or graphics you make (and give you credit), it makes you feel better, ne?

Haha, I used a simple program called Xara to make my website...my website is just a pile of junk (college life) which is open for my friends and their friends to browse....mostly pictures, few videos, just stupid stuff really...some people want to make their site look nice even though there is no real purpose to what they are doing...

Could someone tell me about Xanga?

151520[/snapback]

Xanga? is a "weblog community" basically you can sign up, you set up your blog (weB LOG, or on line journal) hosted there with advertisements. and your friends who have a xanga page can link to each other and you can read and comment on each other's blogs... &c

I like LiveJournal better. I don't use either (tho I recently signed up on LiveJournal) but from reading friends' blogs, LiveJournal seems to be very much the same but better.

I don't know HTML and I'm looking for a template. I disagree with you on this because if people are too lazy to learn html (me) there is nothing wrong with using a template. However, I believe that professional web designers deserve way more credit than they get.

I don't really HATE xanga.. I just dislike it.They're just web journals (blogs), so I don't even consider them real websites.Nowadays blogs are so common... I dislike how they've simplified HTML so that any one and make their own blog/site. It sucks for the people who know html but that's what they're made for.Anyways.. most people who want use Xanga just want to keep in touch with their friends and such (keep journal), they don't really want to make a real website. So just let them have their fun.(HTML is so easy though.... they should really just learn it... lol)

i just hate blogs really who cares what you did todayexampleMe-today i got a new kitty so happu :rolleyes:

I am one of the many people who hate Xanga.

I believe its an insult to the professional web designers that put hard work on to their site and have no one come to it.

Xanga however is all premade for you and its popular.

Its for the lazy people that want a site but don't know how to use HTML, PHP...etc codes.

So what do you think?

150641[/snapback]

hey let the lazy ppl have their time....one day when they grow up and we do too and we're both sitting in the same room trying to get a job....and the hard worker gets it...thats when it all pays of. and they can go home to their caned soup after that..

sorry i'm pissed too at this :rolleyes: