xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lordofthesabbath

Auto Refreshing Sb It aint helping 56k

Complaint and a suggestion. My complaint is that everytime the shoutbox auto refreshes it messes up my posting becuase when it refreshes it cuts off anything i type so i have to click in the box multiple times to keep typing, i am a dial up user and this is rather annoying. I think that the old shoutbox was best. And everytime it cuts it off i think im still typing and i press backspace to correct something and it goes back a few pages in the browser. Please consider this. Thanks~Lord of the Sabbath

I have to double that. I'm using a 56k modem, and after every 10 seconds the page refreshes. If this needs to be implemented there should be an option to enable or disable this. This needs to be rectified.

Does closing the shoutbox make any difference? I've got mine permanently closed because there's enough scrolling as it is to get to the first post in a thread without scrolling through the shoutbox as well.

my tricks,type in notepad or wordpad for those long post then copy paste into textarea.. preview first, everything look fine then press submit.. :Panyway, shoutbox refreshing is only for shoutbox area and not the whole page.. that's for me.. why you guys get in this glitch :P

Closing shoutbox does not help. The page goes for refresh even if the shoutbox is closed, but may be it takes less time since it is closed.It would be better if there is a setting in the profile where you can switch off auto refresh.(the auto refresh is irritating at times)..Cheers.

You can control the seconds of shoutbox refresh rate by clicking on View The Shoutbox located at the top of the shoutbox. Then, go to My Control Panel located just below the shoutbox, centered. You will then see Settings. On the right hand menu side, at the bottom, Your time for the shoutbox to refresh? set to the seconds you want to let it auto-refresh. You can set it longer than, let's say 10 minutes, but don't forget to manually refresh the shoutbox (located under the shoutbox) to check other's shouts.

Good luck and let us know how that works out.