xisto Community
varunone

Image Galleries Which one to choose ?

As we all must have noticed that the Fantastico section of our Xisto website admin accounts have 3 options for Picture Galleries.1... 4Images Gallery 2... Coppermine Photo Gallery 3... Gallery I would like to use one of these, but i am very confused which one to select.Primary selection criteria would be The Looksand then safety of image files.also ease of adding images (last)So what do you think which one should I go for ?Cheers

Varun,

If you are going to use these galleries as standalone applications, then I'd probably suggest Coppermine. If you are looking at forum integration this topic might interest you.

My suggestion would be to do test installations of all three of them and see what you like best. Users who have experienced using one/more of them will, I am sure, post here and you can wait and see what they have to say. Unfortunately, I only need a gallery for the forums and I use a phpBB MOD for that :P

Cheers!

Hi,The only reason I am going to use this feature is to flaunt my school/college snaps with with friends and family. :PI cheched the demos for all three and "Gallery" seemed best to me. I am not too sure about Coppermine cause it looks like a forum and not really a gallery.Ok ill take your suggestion and wait for some reviews. Anyways i have lot of time at hand since my domain name providers uni.cc have screwed up and the domain is pointing god knows where !!!ThanksCheers

Varun,

If you are going to use these galleries as standalone applications, then I'd probably suggest Coppermine. If you are looking at forum integration this topic might interest you.

My suggestion would be to do test installations of all three of them and see what you like best. Users who have experienced using one/more of them will, I am sure, post here and you can wait and see what they have to say. Unfortunately, I only need a gallery for the forums and I use a phpBB MOD for that :rolleyes:

Cheers!

150584[/snapback]

wa !!cool!!

thanks!!

The 3 gallery's you suggested are all to big for a small album (so you must really have lots off pictures). I suggest you build one yourself :huh:?

The 3 gallery's you suggested are all to big for a small album (so you must really have lots off pictures).

I suggest you build one yourself ^_^?

193212[/snapback]

I agree, and that's what I do !!

Cheers !

Show us the result when you are done... And if you need some functions (image editing) you can PM me ^_^

I am currently using coppermine on another website ( Ihavent got my hosting yet :) ) But i would recomend coppermine. Its really great, and reliable. Ive never had any problems. Laos an added bonus is that it can me integrated with many website engines and boards, so they share the same users.

well i agree with some of the others if your just hosting a small amount of photos making your own would probably be the most efficent.you could get a imageshack or photobucket account and use that or a variety of other options.