xisto Community
OpaQue

Trap17 Forum Board Version Upgraded!

Hello Members!We have upgraded the Xisto Forum Board version to the latest one 2.0.4. The good part is, Things are fine now. We are planning to install a new dedicated skin. However, we will not be able to provide options to our members regarding skins. After that, we will be working on optimizing the forum board to the maximum extent possible :PPass time mods like arcade, kenka, Army system had to be removed. As a result members might notice a considerable improvement in the load times. Our previous board was a Beta version hence, I hope the new stable version will also take care of increased load at peak hours.The sad part is, the reputation mod was lost too. We will try to re-install it and the data regarding the reputation has been kept safe. The only problem is, we are not able to find the reputation mod :PSincerely,OpaQue

The new install looks good. The page loads do seem to be quicker as well.

Don't work about army system and the rest of the pass time mods. We'll either spend more time in the forums or swing over to ipbgaming.com from time to time.

Too bad about the reputation system though. I was just getting to be respectable at Xisto. :(
- Is the current IPB version incompatable with the old reputation system?
- No updated reputation system availible for the current IPB version?
- Simply can't find an updated reputation system?
- Need to modify the reputation modification to work with the new IPB version?
I'll try to help where I can but I'm not that familiar with IPB.

D2 is looking into the shoutbox frame scrolling. I added 5 pixels in height to the shoutbox at ipbgaming.com to give a little more room before the scrollbar shows up. Helps a little. :P

Keep up the good work. :P

vujsa

I did some searching at invisionize.com and found metion of a couple of reputation systems.

Invisionize.com Forum Search Results For "Reputation".

I wasn't sure if any of these are the one you need. I assume that the mod is manually installed because m^e couldn't find any information in admin cp about it.

I'm sure that something can be figured out. Even if the old system can't be replaced, I'm sure a new system will work fine.

vujsa

This might be the real answer: http://forums.invisionize.com/index.php?shdpost&p=1490885

Edited by vujsa (see edit history)

You bought the license of these forums? Cool :PAbout reputation, since I aint getting more reputation if I post, will my hosting be suspended or have you taken care of this bug already?

You web hosting account is dependent solely on credits and not on reputation. So be assured that everything is under control.

I will wait for the complete release of the REPUTATION MOD. Instead of using the BETA version. Beta version.. umm.. err... S u c k :P

I will wait for the complete release of the REPUTATION MOD. Instead of using the BETA version. Beta version.. umm.. err... S u c k :(

150665[/snapback]

Hmm, how long has the beta version of the reputation mod been out? When was the release of their beta version? I just wanna know if their beta version is similar to Google's - forever and a day. :P

By the way, betas are suppose to s.uck. Betas are, in my opinion, releases of a program/application/mail service that are out because the programmer is so excited about his project, and he wants the public to see his creation despite the numerous bugs. :P

Actually, Alpha was released October 25, 2004. Beta 1 released around November 28, 2004. We are now looking at Beta 2. Beta 2. I said Beta 2. What is Beta 2? Anyhow a new release is supposed to be out soon. The author was asking for any final bug reports not too long ago.

Anyhow, as microscopic^earthling can tell you, I really don't like the invisionize forums. They are too poorly organized. instead of having seperate topics for bugs, support, and requests/releases; it is all in the same topic. So since October they have written 39 pages of bugs, new releases, install questions, feature requests, and general discussion about the reputation mod.

As a result I have had to try to read through the topics and get the 5% of the discussion that I actually care about. Really, do I care if they use stars or bars to show reputation level?

I'll try to get more information abot the progress of the mod and get everyone updataed.

Happy posting, :P

vujsa

This version seems to be alot more stable, and faster loading too! Since you removed those MODs, the board loads sooooo much faster! Before you guy's upgraded the board, everything under the title that was under the shoutbox wouldnt load for me, well it would, but it took about an hr. I hope the skin you guys install will be tolerable for me :P . Anything you guys put in is tolerable for me, so I'm JK. Have fun playin with the board!Shadow

Thats great I can definatly tell a big difference in the performance of the site. I use to take forever for the site to load properly and now its a snap. The skins will look great just don't pick one to cheese, also update the main page Xisto.com Xisto xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting has such great pages and ours well ours well kind of suck.ThanksEric Drinakrd

It's nice to hear that improvements are taking place! I definately noticed an increase in load times. Another thing that I noticed is that after posting a message and hitting the back button all the way back to the forums home page, the amount of credits that you have are automatically updated; there is no longer a need to hit the refresh button. Great job on the site you guys! Keep up the excellent work!AmeriBass

Wow!! i was just reading some posts at the forum then POOF!! the forum has changed it's version. :PI like the new layout! Thank you OpaQue for upgrading.The forum loads faster now, and it just looks so much better than before!

Looks pretty good to me, its a bold look that is really different, it might be a little too dark but I'm sure you'll find whats best...As for the main Xisto homepage I like it but I think it should remain consistent in relation to the basic colors of the forum...heck, but I'm not experienced in this crap, so do what you feel is best.Good shiznit OpaQue.

hi there, i am not trying to against anyone here but i would like to say this does not look good as the old one :blink: . ok, may be this version is more stable and faster than the older one, but the old one looks much better in my personal opinion as i like things simple and clean. dark blackground with silver/white page is not that good really. i would say light blue with silver/white page will looks better. but then again, this is just my personal opinion.anyway, Xisto keep the good hosting plan and reply up!best wish,ray