xisto Community
Aro

Driving Traffic To Your Site

I can help but I'd like to know if you're looking for people to look at your site or if you just need raw hits. Manual surfs are for real people to visit and auto surfs are for hits to go to your site. I'd recommend at least a 15 second timer on a manual surf if you want real people to see your site.There are PTC and PTR sites that can also bring traffic to your site for cheap. (PTC = Paid to Click / PTR = Paid to Read) Just try looking around on Google for the words manual surf, auto surf, paid to click, and paid to read.

Just go around looking for sites that have similar content to yours and ask them to exchange links and affiliate with them. They will send hits to your site and you also will get a higher rank on search engines and what not. It is time consuming but does pay off in the long run.

Remember this, though. A little bit of promotion can't hurt, but if you start spamming, it's not good. That will tend to throw people off.

Well this idea will not get you big hits but it will get you hits of people interested in your site. Just put a link to your site in your Xisto signature. As long as you have a decent reputation on the forum people will usually visit your site (I only visit sites that are hosted on Xisto in people's signatures but I don't know about everyone else). If you take this route don't put in an ad just a text link or an underbanner, you'll get plenty of visits and do not use a refferal link that can get you into trouble. I really like this idea because it is free and the more you help the community the more exposure your link gets.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)

yeah, that would be very useful.... i would like to receive more people to my website...we should do something similar here at trap 17, i think i'll ask to the moderators or to the admins to have a full list in categories of the pages they are actually hosting and what are they about...

getting word aroudn is a good thign really.Well present forum advertisement posts in appropriate forums are good, but don't spam baords.Signature links/discrete-adds are anotherway of driving people to your site. i always fidn ymself clickign sigs to see where they go lolAffiliates sites.Spread word to friends, and tell them to tel ltheir friends, via mIRC, AIM, MSn etcMyspace and other communitry Profile websites etcQuite alot of options really :) If you've got the will to suceed.

I find that a fantastic way to advertise a site is to purchase banner impressions from related sites. You can usually buy banner impressions for really cheap from sites with moderate traffic. The great thing about banner impressions is that you usually only get traffic that is interested in your site if you used a carefully designed banner.If you don't feel like buying banner impressions then you could use a banner exchange or a link exchange.

to get traffic your site should be a dedicated one to a good topic, with a good coverage of it.add your site to site directories in the rgiht category, and this will help drive traffic as your pageranking will improve

The best way to get traffic is to pay for it - google AdWords is what comes to mind for me. Basically, you pay per visitor-click. If you pay for 300 visitors a day through google, you should get somewhere close to 300 new visitors (being realistic to what demand your site might have).

There are many many sites out there that are designed to instruct you how to get traffic to your sites - and they work. It isn't as bad as the real estate commercials where they claim that they are making "$50-100k per month and so can you!!!"

They basically created these sites with all of the service affiliates in mind - that is to say, when you read their tips on how to create a site, you'll see tons of ads for web hosting services, design services, domain sales, etc.

The best one that I came across recently was one titled "Web Development" - with many sections dealing with your exact question - how to drive traffic. This web can be found http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

There are tips about URL submissions to search engines, writing press releases, getting listed in directories, etc.

Good luck - let us know what else you learned.

i'm with affiliations and link exchanges. i used to link exchange between around 30 different sites and got heaps more traffic then i did beforehand. if u you have good content, people usually spread it to others and the traffic u receive usually becomes denser.

First get content on your website, All big and good websites have lots of content. Find a big website that you know is popular and gets lots of daily views, Find the owners contact address and ask if you van do a link exchange politely. Then submit your website to lots of search engines mainly Bling, Google & Yahoo will get you the most views. Thirdly good luck :P

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

to get traffic your site should be a dedicated one to a good topic, with a good coverage of it.
add your site to site directories in the rgiht category, and this will help drive traffic as your pageranking will improve

I completely agree! Also you can google 'META TAGS' and be sure to keep the html tags precise, these will help search engine tracking and optimise your site for top results which is one of the biggest factors in bringing traffic to ones site.

Further to this topic, I think spamming is a good way of bringing traffic to your site, but then again you don't want to mislead your audience by lets say typing up 'click here to see Jennifer Tilly naked!' - instead go for a general description and a friendly message.

You need to be able to phrase your information appropriately and correctly - good English and grammar is pretty much all you need!

Be sure to use GoogleAdsense if you have a decent budget! And affiliate with similar sites to possibly create a friendly network.

Good Luck!