xisto Community
GM-University

Basic Forum Software By Me 0.0.1 Alpha Test

Check out this small little forum software I made, it's based off a forum software I saw on a website years ago when php was relatively new, I decided to use that as the base for my own software. I am looking for help working on this software, so check out my post on AntiLost, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here is the URL,

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am open to any coments, and suggestions, here are my plans for the future.

Administration Features

Administration Panel: Forum Management (Add Cattegory/Forum, Manage Forum Moderators, Trashcan, Auto-Prune Settings), General Settings (Turn Board On/Off, Board Rules, General Configuration), UserGroups (Manage UserGroups, Group Permissions), Members (Manage Members, Banned Members/IP's/E-Mail's, IP Look-Up), Word Filters, Board Logs (Moderator Logs, Admin Logs, E-Mail Logs),  Database Tools (Back-Up Database, Restore Database), Maintenance (Prune Users, Prune PM's, Prune Posts)

Moderation Features

Moderator CP: Ban/ Suspend (Members, IP's),  Mass-Moderation (Mass-Lock, Mass-Delete, Mass-Move), Extended Moderation (IP Look-up, Suspend Posting Privelages, Suspend PM Privelages)

Moderator Abilities: Edit User Posts, Lock User Posts, Delete User Posts, Ban/ Suspend Users/ IP's, Edit/ Warn Users (raise/ lower warn level, Remove/ Edit User's Signature)

Other Features

-Registration

-Login

-Auto-Login

-StyleSheet Based Themes

-Post Message

-Create Poll

-Reply to Message

-PM System

-Rank System

-Basic BBCodes, img, url, b, i, u

hmmm, not much features I can see... Maybe a little more graphics when you finished the beta and maybe catagories would be good...

Oh, I just hate it...

Gateway TimeoutThe following error occurred:
A DNS lookup error occurred because the request timed out during the lookup. (DNS_TIMEOUT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

Pls fix it... :P

great work you've done! :PIt's not everyday someone can make a completely new forum... just a tip: i think adding categories would help alot :PKeep up the good work.

great work you've done! :P

It's not everyday someone can make a completely new forum... just a tip: i think adding categories would help alot :P

Keep up the good work.

152095[/snapback]

I think making a forum that has the Categories feature are really confusing... I remembered making a forum without the Categories feature, I had to use a scratch paper to plan everything from scratch, especially the MySQL Tables.

I am trying working on adding cattegories, they will come sometime within the next three updates. eXtreme I used some tutorials to make this, so it's not too much of an out-of-the-ordinary thing, but my next update is a re-write, that will change a few things in it, the basics of the way it works will be the same, but some new features will be a /functions directory, a /admin directory with and improved Admin panel, and a customizable template system. It will also add a act=??? feature that is in IPB. Karlo I replied to your post, I am going to release the source soon (once I get my next updates out) and I found the tutorials on http://ww17.phpfreaks.net/.