xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
simipro

Playstation 3 Vs. Xbox360 Who has the excellence?

What do you guys think about these systems?Personally I believe that the Playstation 3 is gonna be a lot better than the xbox360. But I am only saying this out of my knoweldge about the two systems.First off, playstation 3 technology that is futuristic. It has Graphics cards that hasnt even been used in computers!Post your Comments/Replys!

To me i think they both looks almost identical, they are both roundish silver like things... personally i would go with ps3 because i've been a ps person since ps1 and never really had much likeing for the xbox but right now they have almost no difference in style which is really disappointing... i thought ps3 was going to be more box like and white, guess i was wrong... :D

Hardware wise from what I have read the Xbox 360 is superior to the PS3. But then it will all come down to the games and the extra things you can do with them. The Xbox 360 still has the xbox live and their server is more powerful for the 360. Now they have also made it free on the weekends. So the one thing that I am wondering about is the games...will they live up to their names...or will they just look the same. I will be getting both of them...

I'm not quite sure..i do not posses neither of them :P But,heres what i think..PS3 is better in one way,cuz most of the games are made first for it,then ported to other systems...But,XBOX has so much better hardware[which meens better performance],and knowing that Microsoft is also a huge game developer,we have many good games for this console too...Also looks better then PS3..So,my choice would definitely be Xbox360.

Hardware wise from what I have read the Xbox 360 is superior to the PS3. But then it will all come down to the games and the extra things you can do with them. The Xbox 360 still has the xbox live and their server is more powerful for the 360. Now they have also made it free on the weekends. So the one thing that I am wondering about is the games...will they live up to their names...or will they just look the same. I will be getting both of them...

150404[/snapback]

I agree, Xbox Live is one of the reasons Xbox 360 will be way better than Playstation 3. Otherwise, I love all the games that come out on Xbox currently, so I too hope that the games are as good as they should be.

xbox360 might be more powerful heres the specs i got from the site:Xbox 360 System Performance Specifications Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread 1 MB L2 cache CPU Game Math Performance 9 billion dot product operations per second Custom ATI Graphics Processor 10 MB of embedded DRAM 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines Unified shader architecture Polygon Performance 500 million triangles per second Pixel Fill Rate 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA Shader Performance 48 billion shader operations per second Memory 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM Unified memory architecture Memory Bandwidth 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM 21.6 GB/s front-side bus Overall System Floating-Point Performance 1 teraflop Storage Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB I/O Support for up to four wireless game controllers Three USB 2.0 ports Two memory unit slots Optimized for Online Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music Built-in Ethernet port Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g Video camera ready Digital Media Support Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive Custom playlists in every game Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers High-Definition Game Support All games supported at 16:9, 720p, and 1080i, anti-aliasing Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported Audio Multi-channel surround sound output Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio 320 independent decompression channels 32-bit audio processing Over 256 audio channels Physical Specs Height: 83 mm Width: 309 mm Depth: 258 mm Weight: 7.7 lbs. System Orientation Stands vertically or horizontally Customizable Face Plates Interchangeable to personalize the console Availability: Holiday 2005

now for ps3 CPUCell ProcessorPowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz1 VMX vector unit per core512KB L2 cache7 x SPE @3.2GHz7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancytotal floating point performance: 218 GFLOPSGPURSX @550MHz1.8 TFLOPS floating point performanceFull HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channelsMulti-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelinesSoundDolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing) Memory 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHzSystem BandwidthMain RAM 25.6GB/sVRAM 22.4GB/sRSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read) SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read) System Floating Point Performance 2 TFLOPSStorage Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1I/OUSB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0) Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1SD standard/mini x 1CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1 Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2) Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/gBluetooth 2.0 (EDR) Controller Bluetooth (up to 7) USB 2.0 (wired) Wi-Fi (PSP) Network (over IP) AV Output Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080pHDMI: HDMI out x 2Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1Disc Media CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side) DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RWBlu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RENOW compare the two

150404[/snapback]

Hardware wise ps3 is superrior. Here is whats gonna make or break ps3 (in the beggining) PRICE. if it comes out at 500 dollars (hopefully it wont) noone is really gonna buy it. Another thing you haft to look at is xbox live service thats there main beauty. look for some good upgrades there. But what playstation has going for it is it's amazing superior graphics. Someone mentioned about them being pre-rendered yes most of them were but not the fight night or unreal clip.

Another thing playstation ussually has going for it is its 3rd party support. Ps@ had the largest third party support, but now with the ps3 they might lose that because of the cost its gonna make to make the games.< Which is were nintendo comes in they are keeping everything cheap. Games will be cheap. And they will probably have the strongest third party support. look to pick up a revolution. You could go on and on about there advantages and disadvantages but really those are the main things.

Hardware wise ps3 is superrior. Here is whats gonna make or break ps3 (in the beggining) PRICE. if it comes out at 500 dollars (hopefully it wont) noone is really gonna buy it. Another thing you haft to look at is xbox live service thats there main beauty. look for some good upgrades there. But what playstation has going for it is it's amazing superior graphics. Someone mentioned about them being pre-rendered yes most of them were but not the fight night or unreal clip.

Another thing playstation ussually has going for it is its 3rd party support. Ps@ had the largest third party support, but now with the ps3 they might lose that because of the cost its gonna make to make the games.< Which is were nintendo comes in they are keeping everything cheap. Games will be cheap. And they will probably have the strongest third party support. look to pick up a revolution. You could go on and on about there advantages and disadvantages but really those are the main things.

155909[/snapback]

Actually, there has been some professionals that have analyzed both of the game systems and they rendered that the Xbox 360 is more superior. I know people that if a game comes out on both Xbox and PS2, they will always get the Xbox version for the graphics, so there is alot of people that will disagree with you on that part. And you saying that th PS3's graphics are going to be all that superior, have you see what the creator of final fantasy is making for the Xbox 360...it's ****ing awesome. Microsoft is branching out to third parties, I read somewhere that they are making a deal with Nintendo and Sony about their PSP and DX having some time of support for Microsoft games and can be run through the Xbox 360, something like since the controllers use USB ethernet adapters for charging the PSP could keep battery life from there or something. Also something about being able to play Xbox live games on the DX and PSP...dunno how the deal is going through right now. Microsoft doesn't feel like getting into the handheld business.

i think that it will all come out to be to the persons liking, for me i will buy the ps3 why? because i am a ps person and i just love the games for ps. the only game i played on xbox was halo and im not about to buy the new xbox just for that game, ill just go to some ones house who has it and play it there :rolleyes:

Lets compare the stats with the Xbox 360 and PS3.

PS3 Stats

PS3 Tech Specs
CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU

RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)
Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS
Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1
Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size:
480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI:
HDMI out x 2
Analog:
AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital Audio:
DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
Disc Media

CD:
PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD:
PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc:
PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

I dont have Xbox 360 if someone can post that thanks!