xisto Community
MechVegita

A Time Machine

Ok this would be a cool device to have just think if something was supose to happen or you can go back and stop a tragic accident 100S of years in the past.but on the bad side isit could be missused and take over the world{very possible if the time machine did exist}time murders ah yes very possible but think you will never get cought even if you do you can time travel.make you own legend wow now that would be cool.What are you thoughs.=Mechvegita=

Time travel is confusing and can create a paradox. For example, if you went back in time and killed your own mother before you were born (don't ask me why you would do that), then you would never have been born. If you were never born, then you could not go back in time to kill her. SO, if you could not go back to kill her... you would be born... and the cycle continues.Also, if time travel were at all possible... then it should already exist. If it were possible, then that means people from the future are already here. If they are already here, does that mean we are living in the past? Everything we are doing is history? Time travel is very confusing and makes for interesting movies. But, if it were possible in real life... then life would really have no meaning.

A time machine would be a neat idea, but I wouldn't want to use it - just to change something that happened in the past. I keep thinking of the H.G. Wells book (and the movie adaptations), as it brings up an important point that it can be dangerous if you misuse it.Besides, in a sense we have "time machines" in our minds - they're called memories (the past) and dreams (the future).

Time travel is confusing and can create a paradox. For example, if you went back in time and killed your own mother before you were born (don't ask me why you would do that), then you would never have been born. If you were never born, then you could not go back in time to kill her. SO, if you could not go back to kill her... you would be born... and the cycle continues.
Also, if time travel were at all possible... then it should already exist. If it were possible, then that means people from the future are already here. If they are already here, does that mean we are living in the past? Everything we are doing is history?

Time travel is very confusing and makes for interesting movies. But, if it were possible in real life... then life would really have no meaning.

Well ... first of time is a relative concept. There is no time... time was invented by humans. It is much like the good and bad concept. it depends from the point of view...
As time travel is just a theory (it isn't even a theory its a speculation...) you can't possibly know what happens if you kill your own mother. Some say that time has infinite dimensions and by killing you mother you step in another dimension,a dimension where you where never born. Its much like branchs in a tree... you just step on another branch. Of course that is another speculation so before anyone travels in the past we will never know :D

Notice from serverph:
quote tags fixed.

Edited by serverph (see edit history)

there is no way man could create such device. it is so much impossible to create and design a machine that could time travel. even if we would be so much technologically advanced in the future it would be impossible!Reading history books, and getting up to date with current events would be the best time machine for us. we coould learn what people were before. and by learning these things we could prevent unwanted events to happen on the future!

if a time traveler i came across years ago is to be believed, this has been done (from his timeline years in the future). :( yes, the time machine, and succesful time travel can be real (or so this time traveler says).
http://johntitor.com/

the site is a chronicle of john titor's stay in our timeline, when he time traveled to year circa november2000-march2001 (sort of a stopover; he originally went back to 1975, in which time he secured a hardware [an IBM 5100] for military purposes). he said he was from year 2036. his presence in online forums that time has been meticulously and publicly documented. what would a sceptic do? of course he was subjected to all sorts of scrutiny, and was asked for proof of his claim of time travel. he even discussed the technical aspects of the technology, and dropped hints of things to come in the future (from the point of his presence in our timeline). just read the site to nitpick on his claims, which makes sense by the way (even if it may sound outrageous in the beginning). don't let the simple site design dismay you. it's a diamond in the rough, believe me. :(

i'm hoping this can spark more debate on this topic, now that a "time traveler" (of course, this alone will always be open to debate :D) has been documented. :D

I never really thought about that topic. But one night bored of a computer I read a post almost exactly like that and I kept thinking about all those werid cycles that would happen like you killing the person who causes you to be born. It's almost scary to think people are really trying to make a Time Machine and you know someone would take advantage of this. I personally think we should just leave the topic alone and let HollyWood make all the science fiction. XD

It's impossible to go into the past. What is done is done, and it can never be changed. The future on the other hand may be a different story.

yea but just think you can use it make a mass fortune and get rich easily but your right you screw up in the past murder your mother man you just screwed you life up but you wouldn't dissappear at all because your allready alive.and time travel is very possible were just not smart enough to figure it out not in a thousand years not 2,000 maybe 3,000 years who knows maybe its allready invented.

I would just like to point out that we currently HAVE the technology to travel FORWARD in time. It is based on Einstein's theories.Einstien said that the faster one travels the slower time passes for that person. In essence, if you traveled fast enough (speed of light), time would stand still for you RELATIVE to someone who wasn't moving.It has already been proven that this theory is CORRECT. They have made electrons travel forward in time and they have shown that time passed slower for astronauts because they have been travelling so fast for extended periods of time.Basically, if we made a machine (say a ferris wheel), that could move the person in the machine at fast enough speeds, he could essentially travel forward in time. To the person in the machine, years could pass instantaneously...

I believe Time Travel is possible in near future...And everything will be messed up because everybody travels back and forth Time to change their past...Hey but come to think about it, imagine you travel back to date 10 Sept, 1 day before the Sept 11 attack, and call a troop of anti-air armory and gunzmen at the airports to snipe down the terrorist, the two towers will still be up today...But again, the authorities will think you are dumb and idiot, and crazy to tell them these.. they will just not believe till daylight comes...I know such technology is coming near because someone has already invented and created a man-made blackhole...So it will be possible...Technology in future is real disastrous...Lives out there will be treated like characters in computer games..Once dead, respawn back in time.. Scary yeah...But it will be coming...

yes i saw an articule about this einstein's theory it is based on an example: say that they are two twin brothers, one is an astronaut an he's going to somewhere in the galaxy so the other brother gives him a watch, so they can synchronize, ok now both have the same time, the astronaut twin get's on board and travels at light speed (you know 3000 km/s) and after 2 years passed in the clock, he rturns home, and when he does, he discovered that they have passed hundreds or thousends of years and that his brother or descendients are no longer there.. why? i think it's because the acceleration, time has flaws too, no? well but in first place in the magazine i read (where this example belongs to) says that this actually isn't possible yet, because human body can't handle to have a trip at light speed, and because there isn't a machine that can fly at a higher speed than light speed, but theoricaly yes, it's possibly, that would be cool O_O

you don't have to get to light speed in order to be affected by einstiens relativity theory. even if you are in a moving car time will pass slower for you compared to someone sitting still. The only thing is, even if you spent your whole life in a car moving at 60miles/hour you might gain 1 second on someone who was not in a car. You need to get to significant speeds before you will see any effect.for astronauts today, it is said that they have gained a couple seconds because as they orbit the earth they are travelling at around 40,000 km/h. But, don't quote me on this speed... it is the speed required to remain in orbit around the earth. At this speed, the effects are more noticeable. The article you read that says humans cannot travel at the speed of light is mostly true. As you approach the speed of light, your mass increases. When you hit the speed of light, your mass approaches infinity. This is why light particles can travel at the speed of light... light particles have no mass.There have been tests done on electrons where they are accelerated to approach light speed. They did not get to light speed but got very close. Electrons ALMOST have 0 mass so they were able to get close to light speed.Einstein's theory says this phenomenon happens because the speed of light is CONSTANT. To illustrate, you stand on the ground and throw a ball at 20mph. That ball is moving 20mph. You stand on a moving truck at 20mph and throw that same ball 20mph. The ball is now moving at 40mph.For light there is no "addition effect" (relativity). No matter how fast you are moving, light will always move at the same speed. For example, you are in your car and your headlights project forward. You can see what is in front of you because the light moves from your headlights faster than your car. The light is able to illuminate what is in front of you. If your car is moving at light speed, your headlights would not be seen at all.This is einstiens theory of relativity.