xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

e107 chmod 777

okay so i chamodded the folder they told me to. /e107_plugins/customNow i still cant edit anythhing via the site, eg custom menus, it keeps telling me to chmod my /e107_plugins/custom/ folder. I did it, but i still cannot do anything. Can an admin check if there's something wrong.

Ah wait, i just found out myself it was not your servers but the portal system. You see, whenever i try to update a custom menu, it doesn't work, but when i create a completely new one, it does work. It's strange. Maybe anyone with experience of this program can tell me.

what portal system/program are you using? there are many kinds of such inexistence. we couldn't tell you anything from experience if you don't tell us what in particular it is you want help with.with chmodding, i encountered no problems so far with Xisto.

ok. will download that for testing on my home server to see what featuresthere are that may not work properly with Xisto.

I doubt it's Xisto, i think it's the software, btw, i want to transfer a mysql database completely, not just empty tables. So that the data is already input. Does anyone know how to do that?

i suppose you already have a backup of the mysql db you want to move to Xisto.next thing to do is go to your cpanel, go to phpMyAdmin (under site managementtools) then create a db there. after that, select the db you just created (from thedropdown menu on the left frame), click on the SQL tab (on the right frame),and from there, browse your backup db to import it. that's it. pat yourself on theshoulder afterwards :)

Amazingly enough i don't have a backup. The freesql.org php myadmin is running on version 2.2.0, i executed the query:

# mysqldump -u username -ppassword database_name > FILE.sql

where username is my username of the database, password etc...

It says query exectued successfully but where did the .sql file go? And ps, in their phpmyadmin prog there's no 'export' button. Funny isn't it?

no phpmyadmin export option? that's weird...

anyway, this article should help you in making the backup via mysqldump. don't fail to read more examples on how to backup via mysqldump here.

likewise, this could be useful too in your predicament.

The problem is i don't have that mysql dump facility, and on freesql.org theres no link going to it. But then, now, i saw an option, 'show structure and data', so i clicked it, and it showed the 'insert values', i guess that's how the old phpmyadmin is. I'm ready to try it now. I appreciate all your help. Thanks.

EDIT

Aaah, it just took a bit of snooping around. It was right under my nose...mouse arrow...thanks for all the effort you took replying to my crazy posts but i think i figured it. The main reason why i wanted my database hosted on Xisto's servers was so that it would be faster. And it is, approx 5x faster.

:) good thing you found another option. :) update us on your success. anddocument it here just in case others would meet the same problem in the future.

I am now faced with another problem. I wanted the mysql server adress for this site, someone told me localhost, that's only when running a mysql server on my pc. I need one for this site. I had a freesql account, the host was ' freesql.org ' so what is this one?