xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ARNEL

Bootrom On Lancard How Important How important in LANCARD with and without bootrom

ok guys, I've got some info about the LANCARD bootrom, its is kind of softwares embedded to the card, it is usually used like wake on lan, mostly a remote wakeup program that stand as a trigger point the lan card to to specific action, I don't know if this is the correct definition of bootrom in lancard, because some devices has bootrom also but used in diff. function.. If you guts have any idea about lancard bootrom function kindly post it here, I'm still searching for the exact and correct definition and function of this....

I'm about to buy new lancard but I am confusing of LANCARD with BOOTROM and WITHOU BOOTROM socket, How important is that and what it's function?

149621[/snapback]

In my own idea bootrom is an embedded program called firmware into the piece of device. this mostly used for especial function for the device like LANCARD with bootrom and wake on lan function, this was used to awake you computer remotely.

some hardware or even program has its own bootrom also.

I know one program like NeoGeo has a bootrom, this bootrom was used by the program itselt to load the games without installing the whole programs in to your computer.

COmputer has a bootrom also, some swithes has a bootrom.

in short bootrom is a program that communicates with one another for a special function.. :rolleyes: