xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
runix

FTP problem

Hi,I tried to ftp to ftp.runix.trap17.comI manage to login using a ftp account I just created using the CPanel.However it hang when I issue the command"ls"to get a listing of the current directoryhas anyone faced this problem?regards :)

after a really long time i get the error:425 Could not open data connection to port 5003: Connection timed outError 425 Could not open data connection to port 5003: Connection timed outhope this helps with the diagnosis

I test my site after read your post:C:\>ftp ftp.sanweikui.trap17.comConnected to ftp.sanweikui.trap17.com.220-=(<*>)=-.:. (( Welcome to PureFTPd 1.0.12 )) .:.-=(<*220-You are user number 4 of 50 allowed.220-Local time is now 05:28 and the load is 1.12. Server220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactiviUser (ftp.sanweikui.trap17.com:(none)): XXXXX331 User XXXXX OK. Password requiredPassword:230-User XXXXX has group access to: XXXXX230 OK. Current restricted directory is /ftp> ls200 PORT command successful150 Connecting to port 3673index.htmlmailpublic_ftppublic_htmltmpwww226 6 matches totalftp: 53 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 53000.00Kbytes/sec.ftp>I use the account which created by the Xisto admin. So the error must is caused by your ftp account. BTW why not use a windows tool like cuteFtp \ FlashFXP etc.