xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mama_soap

Mindset [a New Search From Y!, Still Beta] Y search trying to get better...

Mindset is a new beta search tool from Yahoo. Their so-called new 'twist' is that it sorts the results according to whether they are commercial, academic or research oriented.

This is (finally) something from Y! that Google does not have already (unless I'm mistaken). Looks interesting.

I think I'm going to start using this feature when I'm trying to research something, rather than just searching google. This could come in very handy when trying to finish a school project rather quickly!

Well, if you're going to exclusively use it for research (depending on what kind of research), then I think we might as well get back to google. All though it's still in Beta stage, Google Scholar may be what you will find more useful :D

I would love to add Scholar to my site, although I want to modify the search button so that it looks more blue. But again, I am not sure if I'm allowed to do that. I'm straining my eyes out reading their guidelines, but they haven't said anything about the button. Duh, maybe I'll just add it as it is or not add it at all :D