xisto Community
andrescasta

Error Caused By A Device Driver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi,I am running Windows XP Professional with SP2 and my computer keeps resetting by itself. The Microsoft Online Crash Analysis said this:Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. If you would like to try and troubleshoot the problem, please utilize the information listed below.AnalysisA device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance. Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance. If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service. Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update. For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services. I don't know what device driver is causing this problem. What should I do?andescasta

ok, what drivers did you install within the past month? It maybe caused by the driver of the latest device you installed. If not, take out SP2 and get SP1 instead. xboxrulz

Hi andrescasta,
Xbox is correct. You need to un-install any devices you have added in the recent past & update/re-install a newer driver that you get directly from the manufacturer's website.
If that fails to correct the problem.. then do as he suggested

take out SP2 and get SP1 instead

Then..If that fails to correct the problem..
You definitely have a different hardware based problem that is not software related. If you still need more help.. you can checkout my website for step by step troubleshooting tips.
Hope this helps
RGPHNX