xisto Community
kevdaguru

Making Money Creating Logo's How to make money designing logos using Adobe Photoshop

Hey all,

Over the last few years I have been experimenting with making money over the internet. Being a very creative person I naturally took on to web design. However, I soon found that it was too time consuming for my liking and it rarely paidf off.

Whilst playing around with Photoshop which someone bough me as a present I started to learn the essential techniques of graphic designers. Before I knew it I was able to make basic logos that could be sold at a price.

Not long after discovering this I found a site that did forum auctions on logos. A customer requests a logo and states a price and designers submit their ideas. The customer can then pick the one they like and buy it (usually through PayPal).

Step 1 >> Buy Abobe Photoshop for a relatively cheap price off of eBay

Step 2 >> Try out a range of Photoshop tutorials available. There are thousands out there. I use Good Tutorials.com. You should do this until you become familiar with the software.

Step 3>> Join a FREE forum that deals with logo design and look for requests. Maybe offer to design some logos for FREE to build up your portfolio. I use NamePros.com.

Step 4>> Start submitting your designs until you strike gold.

There are many other ways of doing something like this but I am just telling you the way I did it. Good Luck!

Kevin

Wow, I think its great you can make money with something you maybe didn't knew you could make! I mean, if that someone hadn't bought the program for you you maybe didn't know you were good in making those logos! And its very kind of you that you share it with others!Bet you don't make logo for free anymore huh? hahaha tooo bad if thats so, I need a logo for my site!!Succes with what your doing anyway

I was just reading this post and wondering in this cyber world of free stuff will someone really pay for a logo ?I have made a couple of sites and either i have made my own logos of got them free of cost.Try doing a google with free logo and you'll think twice about this idea ! No offenseCheers.

I was just reading this post and wondering in this cyber world of free stuff will someone really pay for a logo ?

I have made a couple of sites and either i have made my own logos of got them free of cost.

148919[/snapback]

It is unlikely that the original poster was talking about targeting individuals or small buissnesses. I guess there are companies out there who prefer professional services (and are willing to pay for it) to the free ones, and do not have the time to make the logos themselves - it's simply not their job. I agree in that I would probably not buy logos, simply because I can't afford to :P, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people out there who will buy 'em...

That is way too good to be true...I am on photoshop all day. I can actually make money off of it? There is no way...is There? I just got photoshop cs2 so i am going to try the site out!!thanks man!

This is a great idea. I currently only have Paint Shop Pro but I hope to buy CS2 soon. I do all sorts of image editing purely as a hobby and I think it's great that you can make money out of doing something you enjoy, with no limitations to imagination etc. This is great information, thank you very much.

Wow...this is definetely interesting. Sound honest...I'm going to try this out...Macromedia Fireworks can also do the job though...I don't know why people prefer to use Photoshop.Maybe it's a matter of preference?-Shackman

Yeah, this is good idea and someone can earn nice money with designing. But you have to be very good, becouse the competition is quite big here. You have to build a nice page with your portofolio. You have to post on relevant boards to get some clients. And there is much more work...sorry for next post, I just wanted to add:But the money is really there. Just today I payied $25 for one banner.

thanks for the link to the site. i make some stuff in photoshop every once in awhile and it would be nice to be able to be paid for my work. ive thought a little bit about making stuff for other people but never really had an idea of where to go. hopefully the site you posted will have some opportunity where i can maybe sell at least one design. it could be a good experience for me as well as others...

Step 4>> Start submitting your designs until you strike gold.

Where?
Are you talking about professional sites that resell them, or more of the same type of forum in the link?
If you know any pr sites, please let me know.
btw Do you just do custom work, or just make generic types?
thanks
newt

I don't know have you heared but there exist software made just for this and it is called greenbox you can make logo in few minutes and it would look like one designed by professional. I used it to design logos for my company.

yeah ive been doing this only got a few clients though thats y im applying for the hosting so i can build up my portfolio.its good if u know what you are doingtheres many ppl who are good and also many who are not that good but if ur client is happy with what u give him he wont hesitate to pay you

Pity I don't have Photoshop, but how about using programs like Fireworks MX or the GIMP (which admittedly takes a bit longer to learn)? In the meantime, I'll check out the website you provided the link to. I could always do with more experience designing logos (whether for free or not).