xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shade

What Rpg Games Are Worth Investing In? (ps2) I need to fill my shelves.

Okay, I haven't been watching the gaming market at all and about the only games I've played are from the final Fantasy series. Does anyone have any suggestions on what new RPG games I should or should not be investing in? I own a Playstation 2 so...What do you think? :P

Since you're a Final Fantasy fan.... I would guess other Square-Enix games would be pretty suitable - try Kingdom Hearts, that's one of the more popular PS2 RPGs... Star Ocean is pretty good too.For others, I know stuff like Harvest Moon is popular enough, and I believe there is one on the PS2... if you call Deus Ex an RPG, that's been pretty darn well acclaimed by magazines, though it apparantly didn't sell well.Dark Cloud I heard was pretty good too, as you have to rebuild a city/town while you adventure off. I think the original was a PS2 launch title or at least first generation title.If you're really bored you could try the .hack// series - I haven't played it, but I heard it's quite entertaining, though nothing "really" special.

Rpgs for playstation 2 you could try champions of norrath(dont think i spelt it right lol). i beleive chapions of norrath is a forgotten realms game i think i cant remeber. but any way i beleive they have acouple more of the norrath games for ps2. if you like ever quest try these RPgs.

Everquest: Champions of Norrath is an MMO for the PS2 yes an rpg but with a monthly fee it is good though don't let a monthly fee discourage you.There is also quite a few others i will list a few below.1) Chrono Cross & Chrono Trigger both good games and made by Square Enix/soft.2) Devil May Cry series i thorougly enjoy them both waiting to get the third.3) Baldurs Gate series is also good but i have always liked Baldurs Gate4) Kingdom Hearts (already mentioned)5) Star Ocean is there but i didn't really care for it.6) Dark Cloud reminds you of FF7 which i liked both lol.7) BloodRayne series isn't to bad either.that should give you a pretty good list to research on and maybe even rent from Blockbuster or something to try them make sure you like them before you toss the money out for it.Hope this helped a little.

Everquest: Champions of Norrath is an MMO for the PS2 yes an rpg but with a monthly fee it is good though don't let a monthly fee discourage you.

There is also quite a few others i will list a few below.

1) Chrono Cross & Chrono Trigger both good games and made by Square Enix/soft.

2) Devil May Cry series i thorougly enjoy them both waiting to get the third.

3) Baldurs Gate series is also good but i have always liked Baldurs Gate

4) Kingdom Hearts (already mentioned)

5) Star Ocean is there but i didn't really care for it.

6) Dark Cloud reminds you of FF7 which i liked both lol.

7) BloodRayne series isn't to bad either.

that should give you a pretty good list to research on and maybe even rent from Blockbuster or something to try them make sure you like them before you toss the money out for it.

Hope this helped a little.

149138[/snapback]

hey people wats up..well i have a lot in my list but i cant buy it because i dont have any money..well ill share them anyways....first off i want to get resident evil 4 for ps2..man ive been waiting for that game to come out for ps2...well anyways....i want to get kingdom of hearts as well and final fantasy 12...o ya and im not going to forget about the metal gear solid 4 :P ...peace And LOVE! :L)

Hey, thankyou guys. I'm writing this down right now. I think it's time I get myself out to the video store and buy these games but I'm thinking about getting that blockbuster deal and paying 20 bucks a month for unlimited movies and games with no late charges. It would be much easier that way.Anyways, I'm thinking about trying out Everquest and dark cloud in the meantime.

legends of dragoon > any rpg, this game just has the best battle system ive seen for any rpg and its only for the psone so itll be what 10 bucks? definitly get this one