xisto Community
enemista

Link Trade anyone?

I was going to trade links with you, but I saw that you wanted sites to have similar content and have top-level domain. That's a bad way to get affiliates, and to increase PageRank in my opinion....

I was going to trade links with you, but I saw that you wanted sites to have similar content and have top-level domain. That's a bad way to get affiliates, and to increase PageRank in my opinion....

148457[/snapback]

Sorry, but I think that you are not right. On your site you should have links to site with the same topic, that is the way to get better pagerank and also linking to 3rd level domains can hurt your pagerank.

Sorry, but I think that you are not right. On your site you should have links to site with the same topic, that is the way to get better pagerank and also linking to 3rd level domains can hurt your pagerank.

148467[/snapback]

No. Simply ask anyone who knows search engine optimization, and they'll tell you that the more sites linking to you, the better. Heck, research it yourself. Go to Google, and learn about PageRanks and its formula. One of the key ingredients in PageRank is how many sites link to you. If you restrict your possiblities, there is no way that you will have a higher PageRank than sites that link to everyone.

What you are saying simply doesn't make any sense. If you only link to a specific group of people, the sites linking to you (more pages linking to you -> higher pagerank) will be severely depleted as opposed to just anyone linking to you.

I would also like to remind you that the staff at Google does not care about which level domain you are using. Think about it. How do you think other people would react if they find out that Google or any other search engines are biased based on what domain you have? Those search engines would not work very well. Also, the things that index your site (list your site on search engines) are computers. Up until now, I don't know any search engines that care about which sites link to you and what kind of domain you have. Computers are not human. They merely execute commands verbatim and objectively. Period.

Melk, I'll link with you if you want. PM me the URL to your button. :P

Hello

We are interested in exchanging link quality sites from some of our websites, we have over 20 sites here is a few of our sites:
Web Hosting & Domain Names ,
Link Exchange Directory,
Velnet Dating Software,
Ecommerce Shopping Cart web design.
Please let me know if you are interested in a link exchange with us. PM me if you would like to exchange links.

By the way, you can also post your link exchange request at our link exchange forum which can be found here:
Link Exchange Directory

Regards,
Claudiu

lol .. ya .. actually linking to a subdomain will not hurt it in pagerank ... where do you get this rumours? :PPAgerank is calculated via the amount of backlink to your site and also the pagerank of the originating page ... and the amount of the outward links on that partcular page is also an important factor ... And one of the myth out there is that the related content linkback ... it's truly a myth for now .. but i can tell you for sure that link back from unrelated content page will do no difference from a related one .. This is for now ... i do not know what will google thinks in the future ... maybe they will implement a filter to check that .. but now they do not .. Oh .. and btw .. a PR update will be coming soon in these few weeks B)

About linktrade. I have been resarching about this topic for some days now. Several questions have turned up will reading. Can you help me with som e of them. I only putting some of them up here 1 if you use only backlink from pages you link to yourself - will this improve your ranking ?2. will banner placed on a subpage of my page have some influence compared to banners placed on the main page ?3. Do img tag have any omprovement in pageranking ?

No. Simply ask anyone who knows search engine optimization, and they'll tell you that the more sites linking to you, the better.

148558[/snapback]

I hate to break it to ya, but the new Google pagerank system is showing signs of frowning upon reciprocal linking. The reason is simple: a lot of Black-hat SEOs are exploiting this by pushing the rank of some sites and using those to reciprocally link to other sites but having few enough links to not seem like a link farm. They make multiple chains of sites that would normally rise in rank from this system. In addition, some sites are using reciprocal linking to boost their rank leaving legitimate pages who don't play this game out in the cold.

They are now putting a higher emphasis on one way linking, where a person will link to another site for the sole purpose of providing more information. The only case where one way linking can be exploited is by people who want to advertise on sites. I think there's something about some search engines black-listing sites they found that were selling links... I'm not too sure about that. Anyone wanna clarify?