xisto Community
ausnrl

Web Design Question I have a question

How do you get that thing up on the top and down the side on everypage automatically i think its called navigaiton bar there is a link on this site. The example site

That site has an example so you can help me.

Thankx.

148019[/snapback]

Also how do you do the thing with the forums the marquee with recent forum discussion automatically.

When you download it you upload the entire UPLOAD directory, or similar, to your webspace, then run the SQL file through PHPMyAdmin. The marquee and all the other things round the edge are modules created for the software. Some come with the software as standard and more can be downloaded here: https://dragonflycms.org/Downloads.html

There is a comprehensive help guide to help you upload and set up the software, and I will be happy to help if you have any problems.

When you download it you upload the entire UPLOAD directory, or similar, to your webspace, then run the SQL file through PHPMyAdmin. The marquee and all the other things round the edge are modules created for the software. Some come with the software as standard and more can be downloaded here: http://browsehappy.com/

There is a comprehensive help guide to help you upload and set up the software, and I will be happy to help if you have any problems.

148036[/snapback]

so we have to upload it even just to make something for a site. even just to make a navigation i have to upload it. Does it mean i upload documentation and public_html

You can't just use the navigation. It is like a template for a site. It has a forum, a downloads section etc that you can use. You just upload the public_html to your site.

You can't just use the navigation. It is like a template for a site. It has a forum, a downloads section etc that you can use. You just upload the public_html to your site.

148042[/snapback]

ok thankyou for your help. il vote one more for your reputation

to have a navigation bar at top and bottom of each page... make 1 pages with navigation bars and save them as top.php and bottom.php. and in all your pages where you want the navigation bars, you can write <? include(top.php) ?> or <? include(bottom.php) ?>.. those pages must also be saved with .php extension.. works only with servers with php installed(Xisto supports php).. won't wrk in your computer.. you need to install a server there.. simple and effective... any changes you make in top.php and bottom.php will show change in all pages.extra advice: START LEARNING PHP!

When you say you have installed it, do you mean uploaded all the files or actually run the install.php page?It would also be helpful if you could provide us with the address of your site.

Okay, you asked about the thing that scrolled up, which is called a marquee.

Here is the HTML code for a marquee which is scrolling toward the top, and can be stopped when the mouse is over the marquee:

<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="70" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" align="center" height="100" width="100">Here is the text you want in the marquee. Enjoy.</marquee>

If you don't want it to stop even if you move the mouse over the marquee, you can use this code:

<marquee direction="up" scrollamount="2" scrolldelay="70" align="center" height="100" width="100">Here is the text you want in the marquee. Enjoy.</marquee>

Also, scrollamout="2" is the speed. If you write scrollamount="1", the marquee will be slower. You can use all HTML formatting in the marquee, like images, tables, centering etc.

Hope I helped you. :P