xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bankotsu

Apple And Intel? UHH WTH??

Yes, it is true. IBM was Apple's official provider up until recently. Now Intel is up to take a shot.

good. now they will have cheaper Machines.And also they will be able to convet windows based applications to be used on Mac more easily s the underlying hardware'll be same.

surely true...it is really an old news :) last year which can be noticed very much,it is a great and awesome cooperation.and it is said that in this spring,apple will issue its new product based on intel.waiting for that innovative product is a cool expectation...

the real shock will be if we can install windows XP on a macintosh box. And a bigger shocker would be if we could install pc software directly into mac osx. The reason why mac has only like 3% market share is because of the software and its high price. If this mac is able to run pc software WELL, then we will see mac increase market share. The price of macs have gone down a lot already and for this mac starting at 1499, it is certainly not outrageously priced as G5's were.

So if Macs are so expensive why not just buy a PC in the first place? They have a wide range of software which can do things just as well/same as or maybe even better than a mac and you don't. Surely macs are just a fashion statement. I have never seen a mac do something better than a PC.

I also cam across an article about a sneak preview of the lineup of Apple's Intel-based machines. Looks really good, and it's interesting considering that Apple has shunned Intel in the past. Glad the feud is behind them now.

firstly yes apple and intel are working together because they want to build a mac opperating system that will run on pentium type processors.so basicially what will happen with the cpus is this, the new line of cpus that are comming out soon the user will be able to select what type of processor type to run if they select the mac one, it will tell the processor that it needs to mimic a mac processor type chip thus allowing mac opperating systems to run on windows type chips.If you select microsoft in the cpu menu the cpu will just function normally without haveing to mimic some other cpu chip for microsoft opperating systems.i hope that answerd your question

I'm anxious for this merging to take place. Hopefully this will allow some Windows-based applications to run on the Mac OS (games and certain graphics/3d programs, for example). If that is the case, I may, myself, actually switch to Mac sometime in the foreseeable future (woe is me).

The news of Apple and Intel working together has been known for a while now. I think this is a great move for Apple because Intel chips work really well in my opinion.

So if Macs are so expensive why not just buy a PC in the first place? They have a wide range of software which can do things just as well/same as or maybe even better than a mac and you don't. Surely macs are just a fashion statement. I have never seen a mac do something better than a PC.

220140[/snapback]

Apple also has much better hardware then a PC. Apples hardware tends to last longer and customer support still exsist for 5 year old Apple computers. Also the look of an apple computer on your desktop is a striking difference then that of a PC. The wires etc. Also the speed. Apple currently has the fastest computer on the market with a Quad-Processor. 2 seperate processors inside of 1 computer both having dual cores.

PC's also only support 4 gigs MAX of RAM. Apple supports up to 12 making them ideal for anything that requires large amounts of memory. Hence video and graphics.

The problem with Macs is that they hold the only market for Mac-type technology. There are dozens of big and small competitors that sell PC products, constantly driving the price down, but when it comes to Mac, they hold the entire market and thus can chose whichever price they want (they don't hold a monopoly in the industry, but they hold a monopoly in their market).What we need is another company that creates/sells Mac or Mac-like products, in order to drive the prices down. Economics is a harsh mistress.