xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonyguy

Su-doku The new puzzle craze

Have you seen these new Japanese puzzles, in most of the newspapers, magazines etc.

Many people seem hooked on them and in some countries (especially Japan) they even have su-doku championships!

I like these puzzles, they are fun to do and sometimes are quite challenging.

If you don't already know a su-doku puzzle is a grid like this:

Posted Image

and all you have to do is, using logic (not guesswork), fill in the grid so that every row,

every column, and every 3x3 box contains the digits 1 through 9 without repeating.

If you would like some more information then you can see here

Hope you have fun and puzzle yourselves...

I do Sudoku every once in a while. I enjoy them. At one point I was hooked on them and that was all I worked on in my spare time. I did that for a few weeks. I enjoy still doing them every once in a while. If I pick one up I get addicted very easily and want to continue. It makes you feel good once you complete a puzzle. I am not very good at crosswords so Sudoku is good for me because I like numbers and math even though this doesn't require any. I tried making my own a few times. It's really complicated. I have created the key but don't know which ones to eliminate so it is still solvable.

Ah, Sudoku. I know it well :lol: Every Saturday morning I sit down with a bowl of cornflakes and do one until someone else wakes up. If it's hard enough, I'll scribble down possibilities all over another page of the newspaper I'm not interested in and it annoys everyone in my family to tears.It seems to have gotten pretty big in the past year or two, I hear it mentioned everywhere and my bookstore has an entire shelf dedicated Sudoku. If you're ever bored and want to do one, just search "Sudoku" on google image search, pick one and paste it into ms paint. Then sudoku away! You can even erase easily.

My grandma loved this game, i tried to play this game a couple of times but i found i don't have the time or patience to sit there for a while and try to figure out what number goes in a box, i mean sure it takes some thinking and it may get your brain working in the morning if you do one. But i just don't like doing things where I'm not involved in it. I might download the computer game and give it to my grandma, she like them :(:lol:

My mum seems hooked on these, I can't see the reason as they seem pretty boring, but I suppose their must be some fun value in them somewhere. The craze will pass just like any other.

Ah, Yes, I love these little gems. Takes a lot of mathmatical logic and power of deduction to figure them out. I can complete one in about 45 mins. Then I have to wait until the next issue to find if I am right. So far haven't gone wrong with one, brag, brag. :lol:

Show off. I enjoy doing these mainly at night before I go to bed. It helps my body settle down but makes my brain think, so it's probably not a good idea. I guess they have already faded in a way. When the first came out, everyone was talking about them, but now not a lot of people do them or talk about them. I think they are great for the mind and will continue to do them for a long time. I think they help prevents Parkinson's disease, or at least that's what I heard.

My grandma loved this game, i tried to play this game a couple of times but i found i don't have the time or patience to sit there for a while and try to figure out what number goes in a box, i mean sure it takes some thinking and it may get your brain working in the morning if you do one. But i just don't like doing things where I'm not involved in it. I might download the computer game and give it to my grandma, she like them :(:lol:

lol Albus I just think you are too lazy to try and figure it out. From what I've been told it's good for you to do these things once in a while but all the time I think is boring after a while although sometimes they get to you cause you just want to figure it out. I do think it's fun to do though and can get addicting like I said before.

When they first came out I thought they were just another fad, but I've done a few and they were pretty fun. My record is under six minutes for a really easy one, though some of the 'easy' ones take me up to 15 minutes.

I had never heard of them until now. Seem really fun, it definitely beats the crossword puzzle. Judging by the name of this thread, I thought it was going to be related to anime.