xisto Community
sunkist

No Credit For Posts

How come some of the forums don't give credit for the posts? What is the rationale behind that? I never go to those sections of the Xisto forum, because if I am going to contribute, I want it to count towards my credits.

Notice from Johnny:
Moved to Support and Feedback section
Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

This is because in certain areas of Xisto's forums, most posts aren't really contributive, like for example the Jokes forum is usually copy-pasted jokes from around the web, so no posts are counted there. I don't decide the way the forums are set up, but I can tell you that's the main reason. If you want specific answers, I'd suggest asking an admin.So, sorry I couldn't help more, but I hope that generally answers your question.

I think the idea behind no post count areas is one as Johnny said above some things are cut and paste in those areas and the other is posts in those areas tend to be more of a chat thing than a informative contribution thing. This way when you just want to jabber about whatever you don't have to worry about getting credits taken away for spam posts. These areas are for people to not worry about the post count and to talk about the subject at hand. kind of like a lounge or something.....

I never go to those sections of the Xisto forum, because if I am going to contribute, I want it to count towards my credits.

147675[/snapback]

Yeah, I used to not go to those forums myself until recently, but the idea of a forum is to contribute your ideas to other people, and you should do it regardless of whether you get hosting credits/post count or not. Besides, there are some pretty interesting topics in there. :D