xisto Community
elevenmil

Uploading Pictures Uploading with Coppermine Photo Gallery

I am having problems uploading my pictures on the add-on script Coppermine Photo Gallery. Every time I go to upload a file, I get this...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpPIx3yK' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_ea2c0095.jpg' in /home/mildawg/public_html/communitypics/upload.php on line 1197

Since everything is prepared Database and PHP wise for these kinds of scripts, I don't know what the problem may be...can anyone help? Thank you.

Since everything is prepared Database and PHP wise for these kinds of scripts, I don't know what the problem may be...can anyone help?  Thank you.

147118[/snapback]

That is a good point, I setup my own coppermine together with SMF, Mambo and Nucleus and although its a pain to upload everything I'm much more satisfied.

As for the problem, I would take a look at the permissions for the album and temp folders for coppermine, they should be 777.

yah wut alperuzi stated would be the most chances to happen this kind of problem.. i just wanna share that i did use fantastico or add on script to install the script. just downloaded latested version from cpg main site and uploaded all and installed by instruction.. it's very easy and no such thing to configure much after installed. a few tips about cpg, delete it those un-necessary files such as languages, templates and flags..

i just suggested you reinstall it & delete some files of your room.if it's still not worki suggested you to download a new version from the official site to upload to install.

I was never able to get coppermine to work. I tried gallery, got it to work. But I really think I want more features. Anybody have coppermine on their site, so I can have a look at it?Thanks!Sunkist

i just wanna share that i did use fantastico or add on script to install the script.

148056[/snapback]

sorry, typo error. i wanna say "i didn't use fat...."

a few tips about cpg, delete it those un-necessary files such as languages, templates and flags..

i left to note that it can optimize the host space..

I was never able to get coppermine to work.  I tried gallery, got it to work.  But I really think I want more features.  Anybody have coppermine on their site, so I can have a look at it?

Thanks!

Sunkist

148188[/snapback]

ya sunkist, here is my working cpg on the site as i installed it in the way of i did mention in above. go and try that out. it's a good software. need helps and questions, post here back around. i will keep trace this thread. good luck :D

Ok, so I didn't quite get the feedback to help me out on this one, so I'll try and be more descriptive before I take the time and try to upload it off the main site (by the way, I am horrible at doing such).

When I go to upload pictures, I get the following...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_fc053a8b.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mildawg/public_html/coppermine/upload.php on line 1197
Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php4tLWmE' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_fc053a8b.jpg' in /home/mildawg/public_html/coppermine/upload.php on line 1197

Now that is at the top of the page, but at the bottom I get this...

File Name/URL Error Message 1. pictures#1 004.jpg Impossible to move

The last thing I want to do is install this program myself, because I'm still basically a newbie at this web stuff, I only know the basics.

Any help would be wonderful, my main goal here is to set up a site where all of my college friends can put their pictures on in their own seperate account...kind of like a community webshots type thing (if you're familiar with that), but instead everyone's pics are on one main page...

Thanks...

Hey, thanks Bad Influence!I looked at your picture gallery...very nice. Histology is a visual field (photomicrographs of tissue). So I do think I need good software to display the pics.Currently, I have a slide show on my site. It uses a java effect, and when the user runs theier mouse over the title, a different image shows up.I have about 100 images total. So a gallery might be a nice way to present them.Anyway, I will keep you posted. And, when I am ready to install cooper mine, if I get stuck I will contact you.Thanks again.Sunkist