xisto Community
melkonianarg

Mac Os X Vs. Windows Xp Which do you prefer?

MAC OS X or WINDOWS XP?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Start a Revolution on Your DesktopMac OS X Tiger will change the way you use a computer. Breakthrough search technology, stunning graphics and media, unparalleled connectivity, an intuitive user interface and a virtual toolbox chock full of cleverly integrated features ? all atop a rock-solid UNIX foundation ? give you the most innovative, stable and compatible desktop operating system on the planet. Period.THIS WAS TAKEN FROM APPLE.COMOn the other hand windows is used by bassically everyone...WHICH WILL WIN???

Windows will win i think, they own like 90 some precent of the market, and with LongHorn coming out, if it ever does... It will be inovating, and everybody will want to get it, with "improved secority." I think that most people use windows, because they dont know about other OS, they might not even know what OS means :rolleyes: but, for those that are into computers and technology, we know whats best, and i would think Linux is. I really dont like the interface of Mac, ive never liked it.And i dont like the secority issues of Windows, and windows has more security issues, b/c its the most used, its the OS which most hackers want to attack.So that is why i would go with Linux, although it will take a while for it to get better known among an "unexperienced" computer user.

Yeh, I really wanna powerbook, but they are so expensive, even if i were to cheap out and get an ibook, that will cost me over ?800 for the specs. I would want...its not fair!!! Why can't they make a cheap MAC? I think they would overtake windows based computer sales if only they could get the price down...they are the superior computer...and the superior programs and the O.S. is better, THE INTERFACE IS WONDERFUL!!! who said it was bad??? @)

Well, I voted windows. It's the OS I use, because many programs doesn't work on anything else that Macintosh. Also, I don't experience many problems in Windows, and I don't really understand why people says that windows has soooooooooo many problems... Of course, there are more bugs in windows than in mac, but I don't care, I can't use Mac, since everything is made for windows...

I'd still go with Windows XP - it's has been the best Windows OS to date - it's built for networking, security, media and much more. Admittedly, though, MAC OSX does look nice, the features on it are cool (namely, the iLife suite) and it's easy to use...plus you can switch between several languages with just a few clicks.

I've used Windows XP the most, so I have to vote for it. My opinion may be biased to some degree for this. XP has so many problems with it that I just detest, but it works with the things I use. OS X is absolutely superb from what I've heard, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Macs. They're incredibly stable, fast, and reliable. PCs have a lot of catching up to do. I've used Linux as well, but I prefer the eye-candy GUI. :rolleyes:

Start a Revolution on Your Desktop

Mac OS X Tiger will change the way you use a computer. Breakthrough search technology, stunning graphics and media, unparalleled connectivity, an intuitive user interface and a virtual toolbox chock full of cleverly integrated features all atop a rock-solid UNIX foundation give you the most innovative, stable and compatible desktop operating system on the planet. Period.

THIS WAS TAKEN FROM APPLE.COM

On the other hand windows is used by bassically everyone...

WHICH WILL WIN???

146678[/snapback]

Yes this sounds impressive but the answer is very easy, Windows XP will win eventually. Mac OS may be very impressive in all areas but they are not common man friendly in terms of price in particular. And price will count alot as long as the standard of life of netizens in the world continue this way.

It also said stable and compatible but since many users are using Windows and some games and even many softwares are not meant for Mac. They are not available. In such situation I think Windows will continue to dominate. With Windows Longhorn around, Mac OS may be threatened more. Even though many people hate Microsoft, its just an irony that they are using Microsoft and its products. It rather sounds funny to me. MS deserves what they are today.

So, Windows will win.

there is no win or lose hereMAC already won when it comes to an OS for computer noobs and looking prettywindows won for being the most widespread because of reasons I still cannot comprehend after 7 years of computers study. But I use it too...Linux won because it is the most reliable OS and is used on the majority of servers.None of them lost.

when apple can sell Mac machine in cheap, Mac will win! :D

146779[/snapback]

maybe so... I know I would have a mac if my trusty toshiba/winXP compy wasn't soo much cheaper. I have to be pracitcal :D

I would love a Mac, but since I really don't know much about them, and what I know about Linux is very impressive (and noble) I voted for Linux.

and... since the price is right on Linux I think I'll make a change towrads in in the near future

I hate how, whenever this argument is brought up, PC users talk about how much they dislike macs and then go on to say they've never used it, or perhaps only a few times, and were somewhat disoriented because they weren't familiar with it. I think Mac OS X, especially because of Darwin (I think this is the right name), is much more stable. Often, when I am at a friend's house and any program starts to slow, that means you have to close that and all programs and restart your computer. With the MacMini, which I've had for 3 months now, I've had to restart it maybe 2 or 3 times because it has crashed. The only problem with Macs is that they are too expensive and Apple won't allow 3rd party Macs anymore. The lack of software used to be bad, but since Mac OS X came along, I'd say that it is becoming much closer to equal.

Lastly, I disagree that Macs are only for "n00bz", especially because of Terminal and that whole thing.

Harisan, Macs aren't that hard to learn. The OS X is very simplistic. The reason that I like the Windows better is for the complete customization if you know how to get into it and break apart the code and put it back the way you want it. The OS X that I had during school for a little over 4 years was alrigth, but the layout was 1. not what I like in it. and 2. even at school there were problems with random crashes in the OS X. With Windows if something begins to act like it starts to lock up you can easily terminate that program before it locks or you can let it lock and wait for your processes to slow down for you chip to catch up and unlock the program itself. I have friends that say that OS X is better than XP, but I will still always use the XP due to the fact that yes I am used to it and it is very supportive of more software and hardware.

I've always had a problem with the macs....This doesn't seem logical to me, so I couldn't figure it out for the longest time:In order to eject a cd from the drive, you need to drag it into the waste basket??!...I mean... why???

i vote windows xp,i thing it is the best OS for ours.It easy to use and popular,can allow all software.But it got some problem about windows,all virus will atk it>.<