xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
enemista

Wanna Learn Work In Ps anyone know where to begin?

I see many of you are great at working in Photoshop. I would like to be able to make my own graphics. I have no past skills with photoshop. I know there are tons of tutorias on internet, but that is the problem, which one to choose. Anyone knows a good online tutorial for Photoshop. I am totaly newbie in Photoshop. Any help appreciated.Thanks

Basically, trying to learn own your own isn't a bad idea. Tutorials are there to help you learn some techniques and become more familiar with photoshop. http://www.bluesfear.com/ is a decent site, and http://www.good-tutorials.com/ is a good site with many tuts. I started out without tutorials at first, and I just learned what most of the tools and filters did. I then used tutorials to learn more in-depth on combining the many tools that photoshop has. I now just do everything on my own without tutorials.

Basically, trying to learn own your own isn't a bad idea.  Tutorials are there to help you learn some techniques and become more familiar with photoshop.  http://www.bluesfear.com/ is a decent site, and http://www.good-tutorials.com/ is a good site with many tuts.  I started out without tutorials at first, and I just learned what most of the tools and filters did.  I then used tutorials to learn more in-depth on combining the many tools that photoshop has.  I now just do everything on my own without tutorials.

146675[/snapback]

Thanks for tips. I also found some good articles here, especially from member Johnny. I also followed few hist tutorials and made my signature :rolleyes: . It is my first creation in Photoshop and I am quite proud of it :lol: . But I know I have to learn a lot. Now I will find and read some tutorials and then practise, practise and practise.. :D

don't forget pixel2life.com that where i learn alot of my wonderful talents that my butt says im good at :rolleyes::lol:

I taught myself by just fooling around. In my opinion Photoshop is 50% what you know, and 50% how you use it :rolleyes:

146744[/snapback]

Totally agree. You don't need to know too much about Photoshop to make something which looks good. Placement, size and colour are vital - just have an eye for it :lol:

I know that I started by looking up Lightning tutorials, brushing tutorials and extraction tutorials - so you can get renders from images, make lightning in the background, and do some decent brushing :D

got good news for you johnny got the rendering finally down and the light effect just have to work on borders and i should be ok take a look t my animated sig

I gave some pointers about the same thing to snlildude in his topic. Check there for my advice.

146792[/snapback]

I know, I found that topic and read it whole. It was very good source of informations. I made my sig. I would be very interested in your opinions about my sig. What should I mimprove and so on...

Any hints apprecieted

Totally agree. You don't need to know too much about Photoshop to make something which looks good. Placement, size and colour are vital - just have an eye for it :rolleyes:

I know that I started by looking up Lightning tutorials, brushing tutorials and extraction tutorials - so you can get renders from images, make lightning in the background, and do some decent brushing :lol:

146757[/snapback]

Yes, I also agree I should focus on those 3 things, especially brushing for me.

I know, I found that topic and read it whole. It was very good source of informations. I made my sig. I would be very interested in your opinions about my sig. What should I mimprove and so on...

Any hints apprecieted

146856[/snapback]

Well, you're putting some of the other new guys to shame, believe me. Needs a border, and maybe a bit more color, then you're in good shape. Keep reading tutorials, and eventually, it'll all come naturally.