xisto Community
greendilim

Help To Get Traffic For New Site submitting url to google?

aye there, Just want to know the quickest and best way to start getting good ranks in google search engine. Im making a new site from scratch and i decided to use meta tags including the robots, index all tag. If i already have the robots tag on each of my pages, could i still submit my main URL to google and not worry about them ignoring it? or could i just leave my site as it is and google will automatcally send a spider crawl to my site and add it to their directory?.. im just confused about this all, i just want to get the most out of my site for more traffic. thnks.

Sorry, I can't answer about the robot stuff, but make sure you have lots of high-quality ORIGINAL content on your pages. I know Google isn't interested in just links or canned stuff. I wish I could be more specific, but I'm just learning all this, too.Suz

A good way to get good PageRanks is to get other sites to link to you. Preferably pages with good pageranks as well. Don't believe me? Google pagerank and find out how they work.

yes i read bits and pieces about pagerank, theres alot of stuff about that.. and there are also stuff that im confused about still. What would happen if i made a Link Directory websites where people can add their sites into the database? would that make my site have a better pagerank?And i still want to know more info about meta tags and robots if they are really nesesary to a website to increase traffic. Is it true that if you put too many keywords in the keywords tag, google will just see it as spam and they just ignore your site or ban you?

Boy, I wish somebody who knows something would answer you. :D The way I undersand it, too many links on a page discount your rating because it isn't really "original content". I also have a link directory site, but I stopped working on it when I heard that. The problem is that Google won't tell all the details about how they do their PRs, so it's mostly guesswork and trial & error. I decided to do only reviewed links, but I don't have the formula for how much text needs to go with each link before it gets to be "content". :rolleyes:

Yes, meta tags are definitely important. They're also so easy to do it's not worth even considering not doing them. There are free programs all over that will help you with them. If you don't have Web CEO, download that. It's a great program with no hype. All they ask is that you help spread the word about them so they can sell upgrades. Here's a link to my Web Developers' page. Click on the Web CEO banner at the bottom to download the software. I think maybe you'll find all your answers, there.

Fun4TheMoney Webtools Page

The short version with keywords is to put your most important ones first and don't repeat any more than 3 times. If you use too many, I think the robots just ignore the overage, but, again, I'm not really sure. WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS? I'M DROWNING, HERE. :lol:

Suz

Hi all,I'm no expert on SEO but theres' a great tutorial(4 articles) by two different experts over at SEOchat.com. Just go there.. and search for the authors name "Danny Wall". Also theres another tutorial there for pdf download. Just click on the banner headline link on the homepage titled "7 days to Massive traffic...".Hope this helpsRGPHNX

hay thanks for the info about PR and SEO. I think Im starting to understand it more. But now i have something to say to everyone who owns a website: The time when your new website was launched online did you submit your site using free online tools to the major search engines? And did that work successfully by driving targeted visitors to your site?

hay thanks for the info about PR and SEO. I think Im starting to understand it more. But now i have something to say to everyone who owns a website: The time when your new website was launched online did you submit your site using free online tools to the major search engines? And did that work successfully by driving targeted visitors to your site?

147221[/snapback]

Yes I did and no it didn't.

I was also warned not to use those things more than once a month, cuz most of them submit to the same search engines, which could be considered spam. That means they could do you more damage than good. Again, I have no way to verify that info, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk, so I now just plod along, submitting my sity manually to good quality sites and directories. At this rate, it will probably take a year to get any traffic, but I don't know what else to do.

Suz

submit your site to dmoz and it will get spidered by google soon. or like snlildude said, get linked from a website with high PR, that's the quickest way to get spidered

If want good pagerank the key is content content content.Meta keywords are not really important anymore.(but it won't hurt to have them) Keyword frequency is important between 2 and 3 % of the text on your page should be the keywords you are shooting for. Use alt text on every image using keywords. Make sure you your keywords between <h1></h1> tags somewhere on the page.and then of course try to get as many people to link back to you as possible.
As far as submitting it to search engines make sure you submit every page for example istead ou just submitting http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you need to submit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/index.html, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. And so on and make sure you submit them often remember you can't over submit.Every time you change something submit it. If you happen to get a pagerank you like well stop submitting it as long as you are good.
:D

I know that most people dont want to pay a company to submit their site to search engins every month to get in ther database and get better rankings.

But there are companies that if you just link yourself to them, they will do the submiting for free. I do it, and i know it works b/c i have done a search on my site.

I dont know if it in google yet, but i hope it will be soon.
There is also this new Google SiteMaps. https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2F&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2F

Hi again all,There's also an second excellent group of articles available via email from an expert author over at http://www.seochat.com/ . Just go to the forums & search on the name "Brad Callen". His advice is spot on & very helpful for sorting out everything you've heard elsewhere.Hope this helps,RGPHNX

SEO is a must in getting rank with Google. Content is the king in the Internet.Google puts highest rank to your website if you have more contenton your website.Morover your content should be in static pages.You should also change your content periodically so that you can improve your rank.Also try to change the dynamic link to behave as static links.

I think google and most search engines rankings depend on location and frequency of the searched words. a) Location. If you search for 'Rocket Science', the pages with the words 'Rocket Science' on top of the page like a header, for example, gets displayed on top or is ranked higher in the search results. :P Frequency. If a page displays the searched words frequently then it is likely to be ranked higher in the search results.Of course putting meta tags still helps and being linked by other sites is a bonus also.

Hi:Here is what I have heard and read about getting listed in searcch engines.*Lots of original content*Content updated frequently*Page loaded with keywords*Lots of high ranking inward bound linking to your site. *Links leaving your site contain the keywords*Meta tags don't matter so much anymoreMy experience is as follows: When I read about these things, I made some pages to my page. Rather than discuessing "bone", I discussed "histology of bone". It was obvious to my readers when I was refering to "bone" I meant "histology of bone" but it was not obvious to Google. So, I spelled it out. i added the word histology or histology of throughout my page. Instead of "trivia", it is now called "histology trivia" and so on. It made my page read a little bit redundantly. I think it lowered the quality and readability of my site. But, nonetheless, my site went from page 6 on a google search to page 2 of a google search.I also changed all my links, so that they inlcuded the word histology.I don't know what I did wrong, but I also went down a page in Yahoo. So, I guess it sort of worked. (4 steps forward, 1 backward).Sunkist