xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gorgeouscreature

Can You Go Back To High School? at 34....?

I've heard of people going back to high school in their later years and I really want to know just how likely it would be to be granted permission to go back at the age of 34. I quit in the middle of my 11th year and I've never stopped thinking about going back and finishing. It's like something I need to do before I die or something. How can I be a good example to my teenager is she should decide to quit if I didn't finish myself? So, if anyone out there has any information about getting back into high school at my age, please let me know. The information would be appreciated.

You are only allowed into high school in the U.S. until you are 21.Once you're over that you must go to an adult high school and finish it there.From what I've heard adult high school finishes a lot faster than regular.I have a question for you though; do you plan to go to college? If so, you might have a hard time getting into an even decent one.

it's a waste of time,society is a good room to study more important than school,and we just have our own life,the time of lives is not so long,just so many years,we'd enjoy it.

I understand what you are saying finishing highschool is something you feel needs to be accomplished. And since you have a daughter in highschool you want to be a good example. If you were allowed to go back to highschool it would be like Billy Madison. :rolleyes: I would go with what rejected said.Good Luck!

Once you're over that you must go to an adult high school and finish it there.

146448[/snapback]

wow, I've never heard of an "adult high school". *shrug*

In a psych class I learned that supposedly one's High School graduation is one of the important milestones of one's life. with out it it seems a bit like you never finished somethng important.

I've heard of many that in order to get that sense of accomplishment in life have obtained their GED and gone to college or a technical program. get a degree! a BA or an associates, or tech school of some kind; somethng that will give you a ceremony and a piece of paper (and will certainly help in career/being a good example for ur kids).

Well all you really need to do is take the GED exam, and then you can go to college. But you would have a better chance at it if you went to an adult learning center. If you google the state you're in followed by GED, it should come up with good results. At least it did for NY.

If you don't see it affecting your life, job or otherwise, once you've finished, I wouldn't bother. I'm a teenager (15) whose parents didn't finish highschool, and I certainly don't see myself dropping out in the near future based on their example. Don't worry too much about your daughter. If she really wanted to quit, she would do it whether you had or not.

I've heard of people going back to high school in their later years and I really want to know just how likely it would be to be granted permission to go back at the age of 34.  I quit in the middle of my 11th year and I've never stopped thinking about going back and finishing.  It's like something I need to do before I die or something.  How can I be a good example to my teenager is she should decide to quit if I didn't finish myself?  So, if anyone out there has any information about getting back into high school at my age, please let me know.  The information would be appreciated.

146441[/snapback]

I'm not sure why anyone would actually want to go back to High School.

The best solution is to simply get your GED which is a High School Equivalancy Test. The business world sees that the same as a high school diploma. Having a GED will allow you to move on to bigger and better things in your professional life.

With a GED you can then move on to college if you wish. If attending a Full Time College is not what you have in mind... there are a lot of different programs out there where you can attend classes part time and achieve an associates (2 Year) degree in your spare time. Once you have one of those... a whole world of higher paying jobs opens up to you.

They have reconnect at my school for like teenagers/ adults who are over 18 and under 21 and dropped out of highschool. So they're going to highschool and have a special class that does something. I don't know. maybe its like homeroom or whatever. But yeh that's what happens at my school. But I wouldn't thinking any adult would want to go back to highschool. I was confused at Adam Sandler in that movie where we went back to school. I was confused about "is that even possible?" lol now i know its not.

In my opinion it's easier to go on courses elsewhere get yourself some qualifications without going back to an adult high school (if possible). Show your new employers that you're not as dumb as your grades show - make it look like you were just not concentrating through your school life.For the younger viewers of this thread, It's best to learn all you can whilst you're at high school then you won't regret doing poorly wheen you're older.I got a bad result at English in England, but am able to retake it now at the college place. I'm not past the age range so I don't even pay for it, which is cool.Hope this helps to those who are thinking about their life!

Hi, well some gave you very good advice about where to go, and how to start over again. Very Useful. About your daughter: just tell her why you didn't finish highschool, and what the consequences are.. well she can see that actually herself right now..but just let her know why you didn't finish school and why it's important that she learns from the consequences you are in now. She will always think your her rollmodel anyway, rather you finished school or not...

High School

Can You Go Back To High School?

I'm twenty one, and facing the same problem as you, but for different reasons obviously.

I want to go back to high school for myself, but I'm a little too old unfortunately. Even to go back to night school. So what about these adult high schools?

Are they basically like a teenager high school? Do you attend classes etc, or do you have to take it over the net? Um... Are they the equivalent of a high school diploma or a GED?

-Sehena

you can do it

Can You Go Back To High School?

Hi,

I'm a 43 year old and I decided to go back to school and get my deploma. I found out about a church that offered a one hour class, one night a week for six months. We had young and older students in our class. Now I am graduating March 28, 2008 with honors. I am the salutatorian which is the second highest in grade averages. We are going to walk down and receive our high school diplomas. I just can't believe it but I did it. You can do it too. Where you live see if they have a church that offers a private school program.

-reply by Kizzie