xisto Community
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Amd Launches Athlon 64 X2

AMD announced the availability of the X2 dual-core processor. The X2 chip uses a 939-pin interface that allows many current Athlon 64 ownters requiring only a BIOS update to take advantage of it. The overall productivity of a typical application measured by benchmark will see a performance increase of up to 22%. Media applications have the best performance gains up to 34%.Are there any AMD fans out there who are going to buy one?

amd rocks and owns intel by a long shot. i will buy one if they are in my price range ( not likly ) but amd is going to crush intel to the ground one of these days... ( they should buy intel lol )

Hey thank you for the heads up on this one Dark God i have been waiting expectantly and now the time has come. unfortunately i am in Oceania so i dont know when it will be released here and will be one of the first ones to try and get my hands on one. I even have a Microsoft XP 64 bit version waiting to be installed as i attended the convention and have to admit that yes AMD is always one better than Intel.

I have been dreaming of buying the new 64 chips for such a long time, but i just dont have the money, plus then i need a new motherboard, so its not just the chip :rolleyes: but im pretty shure ill get it within the next year or so.

Dude i wouldn't mind having the fastest computer, my current one is slow it's just that, i don't have that kind of money to just spontaneously buy a new one. I know there are some rich kids who can afford it but i cant, i wish i could though. I'll have to wait some years till i can...damni want everything.

I have been dreaming of buying the new 64 chips for such a long time, but i just dont have the money, plus then i need a new motherboard, so its not just the chip :rolleyes: but im pretty shure ill get it within the next year or so.

146396[/snapback]

You could always settle for an AMD Sempron if you're really desperate. It's the low-end CPU for AMD's choices, and is very cheap. The one major disadvantage to owning a Sepron, is that it only has 754-pins. By next year, AMD will no longer be supporting that pin count, and will solely be focusing on 940-pin (called M2), and the 1,207-pin (called Socket F). It's too bad for those who are going out buying 939-pin machines and CPUs when the will be out of production by next year. In the long run, it is a good move for AMD I think. Making things standard, and set to two flavors is best rather than complicating things and confusing the consumers. I've posted the link before, but here it is again anyhow: http://www.geek.com/date/2005/5/