xisto Community
googlue

Please stop smoking if you are...

car exhaust kills in much less time then smoking and pollutes the atmoshpere, killing the earth. Much more important i would think. Soon there are going to be many more respiratory ailments related to the quality of air which has nothing to do with smoking. Just a thought.round

I hate smokers, not only is it filthy it is terrible for health and causes all sorts of nasty ailments. I also hate people who smoke in public places and just blow smoke wherever they want and it ends up in your face then in your lungs. The government should make it illegal to smoke in public places. If people want to kill themselves with cigarets then fine but they should not be allowed to harm anyone else through second hand smoke. My dad is a smoker and I can't even stand to be in the same room as him most of the time because he stinks and the smell of cigaret smoke gives me a headache really quickly.

All I have to say is I've been smoking for 13 years now. I've tried 3 times to quit, and have for, at the most, 4 months. something stress full always happens and I start up again. Im now on 13 days of non smoking, and have had unbelievable stress in the last few days, but I havent picked up a smoke yet. I've wanted to, believe me. That craving is one of the worst things cuz it keeps coming back. I'm proud of me and like to believe that I'll never pick up a smoke again. My roommate smokes, my work allows employees to smoke while working (we work in liquor store), so being around it kind of helps me wean off... sometimes I have to move away, but the sad thing is, even though Im quitting, I'm still around it. Makes you wonder why you quit in the first place.but im glad i am. Im already feeling better and it doesnt hurt as much to breathe. I think I've convinced myself that the next smoke I have will be the one that gives me lung cancer and I'll die. I know it's far fetched (c'mon, the NEXT smoke??) but do i really want to tempt that chance?hehe

cool... and intelligent B)but its not realy that easy to stop... smoking is next to drug which is very addictive..... the truth is people smoke not becuase its a very tasty thing to do but becuase his body, mind is already addicted to it....im not a smoker, not a single stick B) i never experience those teenage days that if you smoke you are considered cool and tough and perhaps man enough to face the whole wide world B)

Smoking is a habit like many others but it is a bad habit and can prove deadly to anyone.

The trick is to never start, try out and be 'Adventurous' But then again we are human and will die one day but if you want to enjoy life to it's fullest I suggest stopping.

If you do smoke well hope you can stop.

The way I see it is, if you love your life you will do what you want. Even if that means smoking. After all, you only live once, so enjoy every moment of it, but be sure to always be in control of your life so that you remain comfortable.No, I am not a smoker. I have not even tried a cigarette before. But smokers do bother me due to inconsideration. They smoke in cars with me, in the office, and all around. I never liked it, but it is always nice to have the consideration of them asking me if they mind if they smoke. I will always tell them (I do not like it, but I will not tell you to stop). It is blunt, but it gets the point across.So please, do not tell people to stop smoking. Always feel free to suggest it to them, but if they like it, there is no point in stopping. There are worse things in the world to worry about that peoples health.If anything, cigaretts are a tax credit to tax payers, and it makes for excellent population control. :) So I say, smoke your brains out!!

Smoking is somthing that becomes addictive and i feel sorry for those peopleThe following are some bad effects of cancerEmpysems ( excuse my spelling)Bad BreathYellowing of TeethOral CancersGum DesieseThroat cancersAddiction effects ( Lack of concentration, body effects when no nicotine)Bad smell (from the smoke)StrokesAnd A LOT MORE DAMAGESO START TRYING TO QUIT BEFORE U GET THINGS WORSE

I've never smoked ever in my life but a week or 2 ago someone did die not from Smoking but she died from second-hand smoke. She once worked in a restaurant or someplace and her work place was always full of people smoking and she always had to work there and always breathed it in and in a while later she was later they found out she had cancer. And some fellow Canadians in here would know who she was her name was Heather Crowe. Here's an article about her little crusade to stop smoking in all indoor places like restaurants and other stuff. And as of now no smoking in any store or Malls anywhere smoking indoors is now completely off limits heres a few articles about Heather Crowe and the Smoking ban that's going on in Canada.

Heather Crowes story and other things you can learn from her.

All that you need to know about the smoking Ban that's now in effect.

i am glad to be drug free =) although ive only takn two puffs from a vanilla dutch which really didnt effect me much at all ill prolly neevr smoke AGAIN lol..i used to look up to this kid who is lke the best breakdancer on the east coast...but once i saw him smoke i began to have less respect for him..like i didnt look up to him as much as i used toalso if i was to see a girl smoke id think that would be disgusting and unattractive...i wouldnt go out with any girl that smoked...it would be very unhealthy for me and my family if we were to have one...i still dont get why people smoke...theres nothing good that comes out of it xcept for being high which only destroys you from being happy...it makes you more depressed which makes you want to smoke more..man....i feel like smoking....lol jk =P

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." :D

Dear mates, if you smoke, you better stop now... Imagine this picture on top everytime you smoke. You will stop soon, if you love your life.

that picture is awesome

but...........

yeah

i think i'm going to not.

EVERYTHING on this goddamn planet kills.The air we breathe is contaminated,the water we drink is polluted,the food we eat is poisoned,NOTHING is 100% pure,the brains that are gifted to us are contaminated,same can be said about our souls.NOTHING is pure around here.So I personally dont think that adding one more killer to te already overflowing cup of em will make any real difference.And heck,pleasure is temparory,pain is eternal,so i'd rather have temparory pleasure and eternal pain instead of just eternal pain.

Unlike the other things that seem to kill as posted above, smoking is probably one of the few things that may be prevented. A strong campaign or shock campaigns could convince some smokers to give it up. Although down in Australia, it seems that young women smokes more than men those days.

But yes, as much as non-smokers have the right not to breath smoke from smokers in public areas, smokers have the right to smoke in public areas, but only in designated public "smoking" areas. They have every right to smoke at home or anywhere else if they wish.

I agree that smoking is really bad. I've learned about it myself and I refuse to ever smoke. I read that there are over 4000 chemicals in one cigarette along with poisons like arsenic. It also blackens your lungs causing lung cancer. smoking cigarettes can put you in an early grave. smoking weed will kill your brain cells but smoking cigarettes will actually kill you faster than weed. Funny how cigarettes are legal, huh? However, some people know the consequences of smoking and they still dont stop. it seems like they just dont care. It would be much better if smoking wasnt so harmful. Another thing about smoking is that its bad for the people around a smoker as well. I've heard that second hand smoke can even be worse than actually smoking the cigarette yourself. All in all, I'm for a smoke free world. People that smoke are only looking for problems. Even though its a life choice, smoking wont help you in anyway, it will only create more problems for you. STOP SMOKING PEOPLE!

I know this topic was intended to do some good in the world; but surely people are currently smoking will already have realised the damage caused. If people want to kill themselve through a pleasurable activity that harms no one else around them- there is absolutely no evidence of second hand smoke, no matter what people say they've heard from a friend. Recently in Britain, smoking was banned from public areas; which to me is outrageous. It is still perfectly legal for people to drink around the clock in pubs, wonder onto the streets and cause property damage and commit crime, and get away with it because 'They were too drunk'. Yet people are offended by people smoking Cigarettes; I can assure you that no crime is caused by a smoking habit.

Funny how cigarettes are legal, huh?

That's abit of a strange comparison. Smoking tobacco and smoking marijuana are completely different things. Tobacco affects the brain to create a pleasurable feeling and relieve stress, and yes; kills you incredibly fast compared to weed. However- there is absolutely no chance of going crazy from smoking- recently a boy in south London was found in his room throwing feces around the place and attacking people who tried to come in, why? Because he'd taken a hit of incredibly strong Skunk. Weed is also illegal, because it affects your perception of reality. One cannot operate heavy machinary whilst high because their strength is decreased and depth perception is altered, and they might even hallucinate from strong hits; whilst a person can do anything humanely possible whilst smoking (Except maybe going into space). :P