xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Internet Radio hmmmmm....

Oh my god I posted a message like this too earlier today....If you do get any feedback please do message me please!!!!I am desperate.... Well my mate is any way.. !!

This post gave me an idea for my website. I am goin to make a online dating portal and i think i will make a page with streaming audio of love songs and stuff. Thanx for the idea. <_<

I use uBroadcast software... Very good, and if you want to email me at triplebtalk@live.com.au, I could give you a go at being a DJ, if you are really interested. My radio station plays music and I do 4 programs a day, so I don't know where you would wanna broadcast. If you wanna check out my raadio station, just go to: triplebtalk.co.cc

triple - out of curiosity, do you get paid to advertise or anything on your radio station?I think it would be an interesting thing to get into if there was any way to actually make something out of it, rather than just do it for fun.

Does anyone have an internet radio site, I would realy like to be a DJ!I have DJ'd before for a friend, and would realy like to do it again...

Thank you,
Craig.

I craig that means I am talking to a DJ right now and I would like to welcome to Xisto. One suggestion if acceptable why don't you start your own internet radio station. If I am not mistaken I don't think it needs a huge investment. By the way best of luck for your search. Dear I will search for you and obviously if I find some good ones then will pm you or post it right here. A very happy new year 2009 to you. 

Yes, I do get paid to advertise on my site, but I have recently cancelled all advertising as I gave my station a remake. I did this because their contracts all ran out, so I redesigned my station and gave them the option to sign up again.

Anyway, back to the point: go to uBroadcast and you can check that out, otherwise you can use 365Live which is a paid service.

well Crossfire-radio is always looking for a DJ, thing is they require you to have a lot of music on your system and a good hookup. ( no slow PC) they are a pretty good site too. as for starting your own? Don't. there a lot of things you have to keep in mind when starting your own IRS ( internet radio station)
one thing is royalties. they are really cracking down on stations not paying them. They FCC and the US Goverment tried last year to shut them all down do to this.

Also you have to think of bandwith. Takes a ton.

I have some small internet radio stations on Soundclick.com.They call them 'stations' so I guess that's what they are.The problem with people being able to download so much freemusic though, is that they don't need radio stations as much as theynormally would.Though some fortunately like to be surprised andhear new things.

Would it be possible to host all of the music from a web host, and then do the speaking on your own?For example, everything(station, all songs, etc.) are ran remotely via some sort of program that connects to your central database(website) and then you can cut in whenever necessary to do any speaking, clear things up, override songs, etc.I think it would be a great idea, if it is not already done, as it would allow those with slower internet connections to easily host their own.

Would it be possible to host all of the music from a web host, and then do the speaking on your own?
For example, everything(station, all songs, etc.) are ran remotely via some sort of program that connects to your central database(website) and then you can cut in whenever necessary to do any speaking, clear things up, override songs, etc.

I think it would be a great idea, if it is not already done, as it would allow those with slower internet connections to easily host their own.

no, you would have to have the music on your pc then go through some place like shoutcast. using a player such as a sam's unit. you could do do what your talking though RPG but the problem would be the size of your host, you would need such a big hosting plan, also you have to take bandwidth into mind too. Music and voice would take a whole lot.

Setting up a internet radio site is quite simple , all you need to do is go for a good free host like Xisto ,Upload the media which you would like to play and write some scripts which will execute the specific file in specific time , and just go on .! simple as that.

Looking for Non Paid EntertainersInternet Radio

MoTalk is looking for non paid broadcasters to run their own shows. We do a variety of music and looking for hosts for Paranormal Hour, Comedy night, A Pro Wrestling show, and others, if you have an idea or want to participate contact motalk1@motalk.Info you will need to provide your own weekly cd to upload or email me the show and I will add it to the schedule. Be a Internet DJ and have fun at the same time, if you want callers you must have your own phone line and do it during the taping of the show.

See you on MoTalk 101

-reply by Lee M.