xisto Community
serverph

Mcdonald's Beefs Up Menu For Tech-savvy ATM-style device called the Blaze Net

Burning CDs, downloading mobile-phone ringtones, even printing digital-quality photos could soon be the newest things on the McDonald's menu.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
aherm... what do you think? can this be the future of mcdonalds? :rolleyes: and will you be compelled to stay at mcdonalds longer? (though i would suppose most of you stay long at mcdonalds already :lol:). if you're near Oakbrook Center Mall in suburban Chicago, can you check this out and give us a feedback? it's still in pilot testing so not every mcdonald outlet has the blaze net yet. :lol:

I doubt this idea would ever take off, not in Britain anyway. Most people try to spend as little time as possible in McDonalds, so spending time printing photos is not high on most peoples priorities. Plus there is never enough seating, so most people walk in, queue for ages, get their food and walk out, or use the drive through, so not many people will even have the opportunity to use these facilities.

Can't quite see the conversation...- I need to print out some of these photos- Why not go to McDonalds?It's like trying to have lunch at Kodak, it'd never work. People will never relate ringtones and photos to McDonalds

Hmm...Can i get a two prints of this photo, a copy of that new song from Rob Thomas...and....oh yeah a big Mac to go. It seems that the new corporate suits from Mcds are trying to expand the business, they are just not satisfied with just having a restaurant in every corner of the globe. Still, it would be funny to watch people hacking and burning mp3 from MAc all while eating a happy meal.

Yes, I've read about this earlier today...What I didn't catch, though, was that the McDonalds was in Oakbrook Mall. I live pretty close to it so maybe one day I will go there and check out what the hype is all about. When I do go, I will make sure to report back to all of you and tell you what the experience of downloading ringtones at McDonalds was like...AmeriBass

I work at McDonalds, and we'd probably not adopt this new technolgy menu. See, we already have a major loitering issue (being right across from a popular concert venue/cafe). Since there is a bar at this place (like most others), we get the occasional drunk crowd. Also, We get so many "elderly" people in our store, that we'd have to have a 30 page "How-To" booklet on how to turn the machine(s) on. Not cool.Anyways, Buying a ringtone at McDonalds is like going to McDonalds and expecting to lose weight. It's just not worth it.

Why not focus on their service rather than doing worthless things like that?!! Their patties here in the Philippines does not taste that good, I prefer local burger chains'. And their buns do not look good either.

Yeah i heard about this.. i dont think its reached Australia yet though..bro i like ur avatar.. very cool..

Well this was very interesting to learn about. I do not believe this idea that McDonalds has will attract as many "young and tech-savvy" as they hope. I have seen restaurants everywhere that have free wireless internet access, but it makes me wonder how many people actually are lured into the restaurant just because of the internet access. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt anyone will choose to go to McDonalds over some high class restaurant just because they can download ringtones there.

Also, We get so many "elderly" people in our store, that we'd have to have a 30 page "How-To" booklet on how to turn the machine(s) on. Not cool.

This reminds me when I was in Chicago once and it was the first time that I saw a McDonalds with like 4 registers so that the customer could make up his/her own order. Apparently after you completed punching it in, the kitchen would get the ticket and start making it. The younger people seemed to have it easy, but the elderly did have a problem with the new technology. McDonalds employees had to assist people constantly with these registers, so it kind of defeated the purpose of having the customer punch in the orders. Also, I figure if they are going through all of this work to make these registers, why don't they just have an instructional video playing that shows everyone how to make their own burgers? :D

yeah i owuld have to agree it won't work thus costing mcdonalds millions i mean billions of unhappy customers when they BEEF up the prices there.

Important documents and photos just don't mix with greasy food. If they are going to do something like this they should start a new company and keep it in separate buildings, why would anyone want to use machines with greasy buttons and keys while handling paper. I just don't think this is a very good idea.

I've never seen anything like it! Except I have to say, When I go to McDonalds, Taco Bell, and places like that, I go to get something to eat, not surf the web, Or download music, OR print pictures. If I want to do stuff like that, I go to a place that does that, like Walmart of something. And like some of the other that posted, The web, music, and photos just don't mix with greasy food.

there is always a first and I can say that this is one of those things.McDonalds are now integrating more services and products which "in the future" will come in handy for all their customers. I understand that this is really the typical fastfood but would it hurt us that much if we can see this available onstore near us? Let's see how this will go, if not then it's fine for me for this is not there before, more choices would be better.

I have doubts that this idea will take off, well in Australia anyway. The major customer base of people in McDonalds down here is young teenagers and kids, ppl that are usually older try to spend as little time as possible in McDonalds, or get what they need and walk out (or use the drive through). Also greasy hands, paper, and computers do not mix for the busy business worker, so I cant see them using it often. I realise that some restaurants down here have wireless internet access, but considering the price to use it, I cant really those ideas being a success, let alone wireless internet access.