xisto Community
twentyinches631

Listening To Music - Headphones Or Not

When you are listening to music, by yourself (if other people are around or not...doesn't matter)... but not at like a party or in a car when you are listening allong with other people etc... do you prefer headphones or speakers.For me I would much rather have headphones on. It seems like a better experience to me, because I kind of slip into my own world and it really helps me relax. I don't get that with speakers. Headphones block everything else out, and all that is left is the music and me. I especially like riding (bmx) with my headphones on. It's the best feeling in the world for me.So, headphones or speakers when listening to your fav tunes?

I do most of my listening to music at work so it's definitely headphones there and it's usually headphones at home too cos I'm listening to music on the PC while the TV's on in the other room. But there's nothing quite like cranking up the stereo (speakers) while you're doing the housework. :rolleyes:

Dont use Headphones excessively.1 hour of usage is enough to increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times. (Its a fact)

Forget the speakers. Just get me a pair of quality headphones. The music sounds better with headphones. And I'm nearly the same as you twentyinches. It helps me relax, and blocks out all the background noise. I have a pair of Koss "The Plug" ear buds, that are like headphones and ear plugs rolled into one package and have a noise-cancellation factor, and I use them all the time. I always bring my headphones with me when I go on a jog or go to practice...though my noise-cancellation ones aren't very good of a choice. I nearly got ran over the last time I had them on during a run..I couldn't hear the traffic...

1 hour of usage is enough to increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times. (Its a fact)

It's not actually - it's an urban myth. I've actually seen a site that gives a scientific reason for discounting it, but I can't find it now.

I prefer speakers. I like listening it with the surround sound effect and being able to walk away and still hear it. Plus, i can talk to someone at the same time which is nice since i use music as background music all the time. However, if its late at night or someone is sleeping, i do use headphones but still prefer speakers. And the person who said that music sounds better with headphones is completely wrong. Speakers have a much higher quality than headphones because of their size. They are able to produce much lower and higher sounds then even the best headphones. The reason for this is due to the way speakers work which i wont go into.So basically, give me 7.1 speakers over headphones anyday

IMHO Speakers ...cos headphones never get as loud as you want sum songs, and i like my songs loud whether im at work or at home. and i have found that by using 7.1 creative you can boost your sense of awareness when playing First Person Shooters to get that critical "head" start on those headphone users.Heh excuse the pun.

When I'm doing something on my computer I usually use my headphones. I don't know I just think it sounds fuller and bolder. Also If you use ordinary speakers you hear all other sounds you don't like like your annoying brother or TV from the next room. I prefer big headphones that REALLY cover the ears but I hate earphones because they hurt!

Oh yes, those earphones can be quite painful. I still prefer speakers because I spend 80% of the time I'm not sleeping in my study, trying to read and write - and the speakers work out wonderfully for me.I do use headphones occasionally, particularly when someone in a 5-meter radius does not want to be disturbed. But even the documentation that came with my headphones warned me that one is not supposed to use them excessively, it can damage hearing. I do get mild headaches when I listen to music on the headphone constantly, so as a matter of principle, I only listen to instrumental music - the violin or the piano - on a headphone, on a painfully low volume :rolleyes: How about adding a poll to this post, which will perhaps look like this -What do'y prefer:headphones speakers I don't listen to musicHuh?

I always use headphones as there is always someone else around making a noise, whether it be watching TV or just talking, it really gets on my nerves when listening to music. My headphones also sound a lot better than the speakers that came with my PC.

I prefer good headphones (like those you put in the ear - button like), I have had good Aiwa headphones for 15 years now and their sound is better then most custom made speaker system, cause with headphones you eliminate air resistance and interferences around you. Yes, it is good to slip into your own world :rolleyes:

I usually use headphones -but only when I am alone- I used to have a really good expensive pair, and it's really amazing how much more you can hear in music when you have quality headphones.On the other hand, yesterday I listened to a cd through the speakers that I had only listened to with headphones before and I heard new things.