xisto Community
Ao)K-General

Shoutbot In Cpanel If you can.

if you can would you be able to add a shoutbox option to the cPanel. I would really like to have a shoutbox. I mean where it would give you a code and you put it on your site(s) and you can have codes for the same kind of shoutbox on different ones without them saying the same things on each one. Cause I would like to get a shoutbox for my websites and if it were code than be able to add it to a site not on the host currently. I really need some of that stuff. And I would also like to know if you could get the code and it were to display different things, I would like to know how you would add the same one to different pages of your own website and then have it different if someone downloads it. If it involves a database I don't care. I would just like that.

I also would like to be able to easily put a Shoutbox on my site or my forums. I don't know much about PHP, but I was able to set-up a nice forum at my web site. If a Shoutbox could be added to my web site as easily, I would definitely install it.

Well, I think you don't even need to have a huge PHP knowledge. I put a shout box in my site and eventhough it was already set up in english, and there was no spanish version, i could modify it from dreamweaver, it is quite easy, believe me, you can modify lots of features of the original scripts, the same happened to my mambo site, there was no spanish set up for the template i wanted, but dreamweaver worked perfectly for me :rolleyes:cheers :lol:

Yeah, a shoutbox wouldn't be that hard to make. All you have to do is store the shouts into something, such as a database, and call it up whenever the page with the shoutbox loads. I can definately make one, and I have been using PHP for only a month.I'll try to make one after I take my SATs next week, but I'm afraid that no one will use it....

i have one question... shoutboxes and tag-boards aren't the same thing?

146143[/snapback]

i believe they are the same since they have the same functions, just different names. :lol: i would also suggest a third-party shoutbox/tagboard if you cant do the scripting yourself. :rolleyes: third-party shoutboxes are not that bad, they just place a small link sometimes to their site to promote their service. :lol:

FusionCMS get a shoutbox on left of the index.forum shout box should be a plug in & you should get the simple one like tra17's forum.but i just not choose that if you only hug a small site not so many guests to view then it wasn't useful.

I don't think adding a shoutbox installation feature in cPanel would be possible because cPanel belongs to a different company - not xisto. OpaQue actually had to buy cPanel for all of us to use...

The only way to get a shoutbox installation thing is to contact the makers of cPanel: http://cpanel.com/

OpaQue actually had to buy cPanel for all of us to use...

Yeah, and it's expensive, something like 600$/year/server, or 1500$/server, that was last time I checked ofcorse.

I did a quick search on sourceforge and found this project https://sourceforge.net/projects/shoutbox/, seems to be what you want, I would also recomend doing the search yoursef, there are many others