xisto Community
alexia

Which Email Provider Do You Use?

that's funny you say you only have gmail to be trendy :lol: I actually like gmail very much, but I don't actually use it very much :D mostly because its such a hassle to give ppl your new addy (and I switch so much that i'm afraid people will get angry w/ me if I gave them a *new* one :rolleyes:) so I am beginning to think of it that way too :) as for Yahoo and hotmail, I like yahoo better. my Hotmail one doesn't work as well with firefox browser.

I would like to sign up in GMX, but I don't know how to. Right now, I use GMail. I have 2 accounts in GMail. One for personal ones, and one for spamming, etc... using it in the forums, etc... :rolleyes:

I use my school's intranet mail, hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail, and my ISP mail...The most acitve is hotmail because that's where I keep all my contacts on MSN messenger...Gmail somehow became my personal online storage...Yahoo mail same too..My school's intranet mail is to keep spams from the school admins.. they just keep spamming with junk..ISP mail, it came free with my internet plan as a package.. I don't really use it...I have to say Gmail is FAST!It's just too fast... Mails are guaranteed to be delivered...That's what I like it...And still its free.. Sometimes I'm wondering why Gmail is so "stupid" to give such high quality standards for free...

I have a couple of hotmail accounts. I use them to register myself in Pages and for messenger. Then i have the uni account which i use a lot because the Uni works basically with email notifications. The most used account is my gmx account. I have also a gmail/yahoo account but i do not use them. Basically i always use email clients such as Thunderbird so it is pretty much the same the account that i use.

The question should really be which email dont u use :rolleyes: So i will break it down into categoriesConstantly Used :GmailHotmailUsed:YahooAimI think Gmail is the best so far even though there are alot of security issues.Hotmail is usually totally full of spam and the Inbox sizes wont be growing any bigger if you dont live in the United States.

You people might give me a quite good tip regarding the topic... Currently I have 5(!) different e-mail accounts...email.ithotmail.comtele2adsl.dkgmail.comlibero.itFor sentimental reasons, I'm quite reluctant to close any of them (and it is difficult too.. too many lazy friends that ignore the change of address and keep on sending at the one they have in the address book), so is there a good way to centralize all the mailboxes in one? I don't know... a program that automatically forwards everything to the same account? Possibly freeware?Thanx for the tips!!!

I use Gmail, Hotmail (a .co.uk Addy :) ), I Have a Yahoo Email but thats full of spam, because someone signed me up for a.... naked woman site :lol::D never even read they emails, GMX ive never heard of :(

I used to use Hotpop because it was POP3 and SMTP so you could use it on a Mail Client

Heres the Website for Hotpop if anyone is interested Hotpop

The one I use the most is Gmail and my hotmail one is for my Contacts on MSN to send emails to :D

By Far the best once again Gmail, its probaly got 3 GB Right Now :D or has it :rolleyes:

If GMX is POP3 & SMTP Enabled, i'll give it a shot B) How much does it offer in space ?

My Brother uses the ISP Email, because he pays for the internet, :) im only 14 B)

B)

Gmail is quite good. The GUI is simple and you get POP3 support for free. The search in mail is also quite good. It now offers more then 2G of storage, something being exploited by p2peers using software like peer2mail, DSLlite etc, but it is quite enough that I don?t need to delete emails in the near future.Hotmail is from the Old Stone Age. But it is a ?legacy? thing that we simply cannot kick off easily, like ICQ. Unfortunately, I have so many stored contacts in hotmail and I still hesitate to shed them. Many of my friends may only know my hotmail address. Too bad. Hotmail also has a short inactivity period. Your mailbox get banned if you don?t check it and be forced to watch their ads if you don?t open it for 2 months. hotmail is an annoyance.

Gmail of course...It is the fastest email provider I have ever known. Although, it has no anti virus. It is a drawback that I can live with. There are several reason that I enjoyed using Gmail.1. It is not only fast but it is super fast, try opening a message in Yahoo and compared it with Gmail, you can save up to 30 secs for that.2. It has a very vast storage, although Yahoo has increased its storage to 1 GB, Gmail is a step further, its storage has been increased to 2 GB and keep increasing by time.3. You can use Gmail as an online storage that you can access from virtually anywhere.4. Gmail provides you with a free POP3 feature meaning you can retrieve your mails Outlook, very convinient. Unlike Yahoo, which we have to pay to get this feature.Another email provider that I use is Hotpop. It is my first POP3 email before I know about Gmail and have been using it since then. Although its storage is limited, it has never let me down. I really love using it and have no intention of erasing it.Hotmail sucks! I mean that! Not only it gives very limited storage, its load time is killing. Sometimes, I just cannot access the web, what is up with that? I really hope that someone going to write a letter to Hotmail saying that it should wake up from its hibernation and start to keep up with the time. The only reason people is using Hotmail perhaps because they need the Net Passport for MSN Messenger, which they do not know that they can use other email provider for the Passport. I, myself, are using Gmail as my Net Passport account. People! You don't have to use Hotmail to get your Net Passport!

i use both:GmailHotmailYahoomy ISP email providermy Xisto POP3 account :lol:Personally i find gmail to be the best cause of its storage capabilitys and is so simple to work with. :rolleyes: