xisto Community
AbstracT

Extracurricular Activities

I'm a brown belt in American Kenpo Karate. I play basketball, I skateboard, and I play aisroft, which is like a more realistic paintball only instead of using paintballs, airsoft uses plastic bbs.

I don't really do any "organised" extracurricular activities :lol: But I do enjoy football (soccer), tennis, mountain biking, roller blading, etc... I also enjoy art of different kinds. Next year I'll probably join a few school activities, like the school footie team. :rolleyes:

I am a very indoorish person, so when I have nothing to do I read, sketch, or listen to music. At school, I remember that debating and theatre was all I could do outside the regular activities. I failed miserably in sports, and now, I'm afraid, the only thing I enjoy 'outdoors' is a good long walk. :rolleyes:

hehe :rolleyes:

right now, I'm participating in the 5th OLMUN conference (-> http://www.olmun.org/) [MUN conferences are quite similar to what I've heard about debating clubs ... with the difference that you represent an UN member state or -NGO/OO and that most MUNs are on an international basis].

Apart from that I'm swimming, riding my bike, have the white/yellow belt in JuDo [i'm just great, am I not?], reading quite a lot, and there's my computer :lol:

well ... here in Germany, about everything a student does is on his or her own since most schools don't offer any extracurricular activities at all :/

Hey brainless [that's a bit of an ironic id, how did you come up with it? lol]The OLMUN conference looks very cool. I do hope you have fun :rolleyes: Actually, schools not having ECA might actually be a good thing. I felt that making music compulsory in school was pure torture, especially since you had to sing to the class in the final exam - and my voice is something of a cross between a croak and the sound of thunder. Or something like that, it's terrible :lol: Anyway, I'm sure you'll have fun, irrespective of what your school's agenda is... keep going!Cheers :lol:

that's not that funny a story ... a friend of mine began to use the nick Mindless, another friend -Shameless- followed, I thought brainless would be cool [now Mindless' brother's nick is Fearless; a friend of Fearless' listens to Useless, ...]yeah, the MUN conferences are way cool, as far as I know there are some in the USA as well (there are rumors that the first MUN conference ever was located in the UN headquarters). Today I dared to speak in front of the General Assembly for the first time ever, me standing in the front and 650 people listening to me, wow ... unfortunately, the delegation of the USA did not realize that I verbally attacked them. I'm representing Amnesty International and my opening speech contained a section about the human rights... I'm beginning to slide off-topic, I'll open a new thread for this...

I am involved in our school's Key Club (service projects), Science Club, I play the trumpet and euphonium in concert and marching band (hope to start guitar soon), I am an Eagle Scout, I have gone to a few airsoft events, I play xbox and pc games a bit, and I work the rest of my free time.Brainless- Its nice to hear you are involved with debate. If I did not work as much as I do I would have considered doing the speech or debate team for my school.

This one is a eazy one for me. Golf, Hockey, Then some golf, throw in some lacrosse, then some hockey, then some more golf, then some hockey. When I am pooped out from that. I sit in front of a mirror and work my on my golf swing, I like to call it shadow golfing. If I have any free time left from all those stick sports, I generally code for either my Lego Mindstorm or for our school robot, and maybe try out some new photoshop techniques. Oh and I can't forget that I scan forums when I have absolutely nothing left to do. Hmm...are coding and scanning forums extracurricular activities?

Unfortunatly, once you get to college you really have to buckle down and work hard, which leaves very little time for outside activities. However I find time to play guitar, coach and play baseball, watch american football, listen to music, and hiking. In highschool I did track, water polo, and swimming.

Well, I'm actually pretty boring becuase I usually just stay at home and tinker on my computer or I watch TV. But when I do try to be active/athletic, I usually play badminton with some friends. I'm no good (at least not yet). In my elementary years and some high school, I used to play table tennis (ping pong) but I sort of never improved and my backhand is really poor, I do deliver a very fast serve though. That's about it! Oh and I watch football too but I don't play it. :P

Ohh, I enjoy lots of stuff. Tennis, footie, weight training, wrestling, art and design, music (keyboard and drums), etc etc. But I get lots of homework in High School, and so I only really have adequate time for all these activities during the summer holidays. Like now! :rolleyes: