xisto Community
AbstracT

Gas Prices

These gas prices are getting RIDICULOUS. I'm bout to start riding my bike places. I'm tired of paying close to ten dollars just to get half a full tank. Sometimes I wanna be completely on full lol. Damn it I'mma bout to start walking!

wow where do you live. i wanna know where i can get a half tank on 10 bucks. because up here in michigan you are lucky to get a third of a tank on ten bucks let alone all the job loss that is going on around here. It is just getting way out of hand on every aspect. when you go to the pump to fill up a cavalier and it costs more than 20 bones. That is a big joke and there is no way to stop it.Quan

I always find it amusing when americans complain about the price of gas as we run close to $8 a gallon in the UK. Plus our taxes and insurance are alot higher to boot...makes driving in this country VERY expensive...

Here in Mexico gas costs 7.40 pesos a liter. Which is about .65 US cents a liter. In a gallon there is about 3.80 liters so that would be approximately 2.47 US cents per gallon here in Mexico, that is if you dont get robbed at the gas station because they are usually tricked or something. I find this ridiculous since the gas station is a monopoly here and therefore they set the price to whatever they want.

Considering how far you can get on a tank of gas, and how fast it is compared to running or biking, I'd say gas is still very inexpensive for what you get. There's always an alternative which if obviously more economically friendly, but that means sacraficing your time in the day, along with a lot of extra physical effort which is taxing, especially for older people. Gas still pays itself off. In another ten years, it may double in price! :rolleyes: Maybe what people don't like, is the fact it has gone up so quickly in the past twenty years, plus it fluctuates often weekly.

yep, it has ... I've just read an article which showed that it's german government which is responsible for the high gas prices in this country since about 75% of all the money spent on gas goes into the state's pockets (though I don't think that's too bad ... we just need some politicians who use the money to actually do something instead of shortening budgets everywhere without telling anyone where the money's supposed to stay instead...)

Well here in MN it's been between 1.80 and 2.10 here!! So I walk if not, I get a ride from a friend who likes to spend money on gas.. "I'm a very cheap person"

Up Here In Chicago A Gallon Of Gas Is About $3.45  For Premium And If You Have A Premium Car You WIll Be Spending And Want To Fill Your Car Alll The Way, You'll Be Spending A Good $25.10.

147858[/snapback]

Wow, well I start complaining when gas prices are above $2.20, and the people in Chicago would most likely be lucky if it was that low.