xisto Community
linkmaster03

Server/webpage I need to make and access a server in C++

Look up socket programming in C++. There are many very good guides, articles and source code snippets available to learn from.I only code in C and not in C++, so whilst I could give you a quick demo, I'm not 100% sure of what would might need to be changed to make it operate correctly in C++.Also, it depends on which platform you are operating on. Whilst Win32 uses winsock, nix-based operating systems do not.

And also, how can I access information in my website and display it in a program?

I'd suggest you play around with MySQL tables; if your site's on Xisto they give you an unlimited amount of space for them :rolleyes: . I don't know if there are C++ libraries which'll let you use them directly from C++, but you can try a C++<->Perl<->MySQL table setup.
And finally, here's the site where I learned some socket programming back in the day:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm pretty sure MySQL has a whole set of C functions for connecting and retreiving from and sending data to a database. And there's also a set of C++ wrapper classes called mysql++.

But if, for some reason you're more interested in socket programming then these two are good depending on the platform the program is on.

Winsock programming

Beej's guide to network programming

But if, for some reason you're more interested in socket programming then these two are good depending on the platform the program is on.

Hey dexter, that was unfair man. I'm relearning it right now. By the way, Beej's guide to network programming is down right now.

-cough- I didn't even realise your link was to Beej's, too... and what I said was in reference to being more interested in sockets than in mySQL tables. I've been relearning socket programming lately, too. :rolleyes:So there you have it, for a good guide on socket programming. Beej's rocks... there's quite a few mirrors for it.

On the topic of sockets, for actually -understanding- how sockets work and such, Adventures in Unix Network Applications Programming by Bill Rieken and Lyle Weiman is incredibly good.

This will help with understanding winsocks, too (since winsocks are mostly the same as BSD sockets).