xisto Community
nickmealey

Internet And Network Problems - help

Hey guys, I have a home network in my house. I can connect to all the workgroup computers when I set a manual ip for each comp. But I can't view the internet if I set it to manual. When I put it on automatic... I can use the internet, but not the computers over the network....

i'm sure that you were using some kind of switch or router. you can reach the internet if you set to manual local ip but you have to do port-forwarding to your computer (port 80).if you set to "automatic", your computer network setting become DHCP and you can reach to internet.for your case, you have to set up again home or small office networking if all your computers are window xp.pls provide more info, if you still cant figure out.

Hey guys, I have a home network in my house. I can connect to all the workgroup computers when I set a manual ip for each comp. But I can't view the internet if I set it to manual. When I put it on automatic... I can use the internet, but not the computers over the network....

144443[/snapback]

Well, let me know if your using routers or switch. since you'r connected to internet and with other computers on network you can share the connection using analog proxy server, may be your setup right now is DHCP, if your using this setup you must obtain the IP address of each computers, if you want to assign static IP on each PC's you must disable the DHCP and assign the IP analog proxy server need and static ip address but this works fine based on my experience, there are updates for this program so you check this links.. "http://www.analogx.com/; you can download the program here...

I'm using a router, netgear. The wierd thing is, I used to be able to view shared files while on the internet...