xisto Community
Rok

Invision Power Board Help

It is stated that IPB software above 2.0.1 is considered paid software and is illegal to have a copy unless you purchase a liscense.
IPS checks boards by adding ?ipscheck=1 at the end of the address and if you see --, then it is a trial, #,# would mean its registered, and other messages would probably mean its illegal. I have a copy of Invision Power Board 2.0.1 which can be located here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you look at the bottom, it says Powered by Invision Power Board(Trial) v2.0.1 Š 2005 IPS, Inc.

However, if you google Powered by Invision Power Board v2.0.1 Š 2005 IPS, Inc. [basically without the (Trial)] you would find a lot of boards that say that. If you IPSCHECK them, they are trial as well.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of the (Trial) part of my version of IPB, or if it is a totally separate version by itself.

did you mean, you bought the liscense..? or if not,i would suggest pls dont try this.. just leave as what it was thou it can edit.. if you dont wanna see "Trial", use free version 1.2 support by host package or other board..such as phpBB, punBB, SMF, XMB.... and dun use over hosting size which limited by your paackage, too.. :lol: have fun!

No the thing is, it looks like its a 2.0.1 final, but when you IPSCHECK, its a trial only. There are way too many boards that say Powered by IPB v2.0.1 without (Trial) for them all to have removed the trial manualy, or through other means, and I believe that it is a completely separate file of some sort. Was wondering if anyone knew about that?

Oop! :lol:
i still didnt get it that what do you mean!!!
this is a link from invision clearly stated that

Trial LimitationsThe trial version is encoded which means you are unable to view the PHP source or modify the PHP source. There are also these hard limits:
5000 Posts
1000 Topics
1000 Personal Messages
200 Members
Bulk Mailer Disabled
Language Editing Disabled
SQL Toolbox Disabled
No IPB Portal Included
No SSI Export Facilities
No ability to upgrade between trial versions
If you exceed any one of these limits, your board is turned offline and access to your ACP is removed. If you choose to purchase a full Invision Power Board you can upgrade your trial version to a full version so you won't lose your current members, posts, etc. The full version comes with readable source code which means you're free to modify the PHP code for your personal use.

Well thanks for your effort, but there is an unlimited trial like the one used on this forum but this one is a PF which is like a prerelease or something. You had to have downloaded it when IPB was still free in order to leagally be able to use it. I have a copy of 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 but was wondering why other people have trial versions of 2.0.1 without the actual (trial). Thanks anyway

actually, if you go search engine a few minutes, you may got a illegal copy. that may an answer that why no trial is show and have no limit.

and i am closing this topic since it is against the rules and TOS to discuss or tell how to change coding on software or purchased script. person and or person posting in this topic will be warned.--TOPIC CLOSED--