xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robzar

Interested In Making Your Own Games learn to make games free

If you are interested in making your own games than I recommend you check out the "gameuniv.net" homepage, which freely teaches you how to make games in various languages such as c/++ or basic and now Euphoria. This website teaches you how to make your own games by using the "game maker 6" or the "rpg toolkit". Which have their own freeware version. Also if you become real advanced I would suggest getting "Game Space Light" from Calagari this software is an all in one 3d game maker, that's right 3d and game maker. But if you prefer to use languages instead of all in one software I suggest that you hit up "sourceforge.net" which also has many game engines, languages, compilers, plugins, etc... you get the point. Expect many more posts from about becoming a game programmer/programmer.

Wow thanks for that! I've always considered using Game Maker, but I found it tedious and hard at first, and I gave it up... That's a useful link, thank you! :lol: Although I've used RPG Toolkit, and got used to it for a while, I still think learning Game Maker is the harder part. I also wanted to make games using the major programming languages, but I never learned how.. thanks! (Although my main problem would be graphics design, which I'm no good at)

I have to also been intrested in making my own games for a while now. That site is very good and helped me out. Still confused lol but im sure in a few weeks i could have mastered it and will have my own games up and running!

Yeah ive always wanted to make my own games and actually have atleast one planned out. Current ive been teaching myself directx and advanced 3d rastorations so i can hard code the game myself. Ive never considered using someone elses engine at hte moment nor a software package to do it because i find that anything that will be great when completed is from the ground up plus im a computer science major at college so i might as well learn the techniques but thanks for some good references

I have used GameMaker 5 before and found it, although relatively simple, a little tedious and repetitive. I also think it is quite limited in its capabilities. Thanks for the link, I hope to have a go at some of the stuff at some point.

wow thnx a lot :lol: for the tips ... i've been always interested in developing games but i never have the enough information for starting ... i try that website calle gameuniv ... t think i will start with an easy tutorial about deveopling games with visual basic ... greta man .. thnx a lot if someome cane give me an opinion about starting my first game with visual basic or mabe i can try with another language???thnx again man ??? :rolleyes:

umm if you want to make rpg games me and my friends will host them on our website, rpgdynastyonline.trap17.com (once its oploaded, he is still working on it and all) but if you want to make and RPG then use rpg maker XP or 2003, they are the best for it. You have to be really interested in making games tho... my friends and i have a company called .::[Tri_Ware]::. we make all kinds of RPGs and are working on a game as we type here.. so if you are interested either PM me or my friend (president of Tri_Ware) Tsengthank you.

Yes, its true. I head the development team called [Tri_Ware] Corp. We also work with other makers besides Rpg Maker but those are our main programs we use. I also can help with programming html. Pretty much anything you need help with making an Rpg we can help. Just goto the link to the forums in my sig. Register there and then I will email you guys when my site is done. If any of you have any interest in becoming staff on my site or at [Tri_Ware] then PM me or email me.

on the tin, or in this case, the dictionary. You play a role. Don't try and tell me that whislt playing starfox you really pretend you're a fox-mutant saving the universe, you are merely beating the challenge presented to you by the machine. The characters and plot are there to make you understand the rules and what you're meant to be doing. CoD could just have enemies who were purple blobs that when they looked at you your character had to do a jig or be teleported ten feet into the sky. The problem with this is that it would be hugely confusing and people would need to read the rule-book to understand what to do. So they have Nazis with guns, and because it anchors itself in reality you understand immediately what to do. The point is this: just because you are controlling a character does not mean you are playing a role, the only way to play a role is to have choices, that actually affect the story of your character's life, since the story shouldn't exist until the player(s) play it, 99% of supposed rpgs do this, partly because it's super hard to do otherwise and create a rich, detailed and intriguing world. The only computer RPG game I've ever played was Arcanum, because I was playing a barbarian, even in my mind I was playing one, sometimes making bad choices in-game because of this. the same goes for anything else I could have played.Now I must emphasize that RPG's are not better than other games, and I would like to answer the question what about tabletop rpg's where the DM railroads the plot, or Rollplaying? . Welp you're completely right to question, these aren't RPG's in my opinion for exactly the same reason as above.