xisto Community
Inspiron

Which Forums Would You Prefer? Good for people creating communities...

Which forums would you prefer ?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

InvisionFree Board is cool. I like it, too. But I have voted for PhpBB because it is the one I used for...I don't know...probably 9 months. I plan to change to InvisionFree, because it has a very beautiful Interface which I first discovered in this forum. the only things on PhpBB I hate are the several hacks, and I have to download an update every month Whats with Invisionboard? Is it gonna be hacked monthly or safe? Because when it is safe, I will change to it

For me phpBB stays best, because it's the kind wich I "grew up" with...Otherwise I would need to learn other codes and I like it as it is now lol

I like invision although I havent really messed with it too much in terms of customization. Im so busy. I hope to download some skins and make it look nice. Ive use phpbb as a member of some boards but most of them look the same.

I prefer using the actual invision board system that isn't downloadable before. This version is the one where you see Powered by Invision Board v1.3Final or whatever at teh bottom. As long as you downloaded the version from their official site before they became payed, you are allowed to use it. I like IPB because of the functionality and the power that the ACP has to offer. PHPBB has many exploits and isn't very good for security. For security, I think SMF is the most secure board, but I have absolutely NO experience with SMF whatsoever. I guess my vote would go to Invisionfree as it is basically IPB 1.3 with a lot of restrictions.

Even though I've used phpbb in the past, and right now I am helping my sister with her phpbb I went with "other". I've been using Simple Machines for my forum and I like it more all of the time.If you want to add on things like a chatroom or an arcade or any little hacks like "now playing" in SMF, you only need to go into the package manager and install them from there. It's almost worry free.

I prefer phpBB... It may be a little vulnerable, but the bugs are fixed very quickly... I'm sticking with phpBB because it's very simple to use, it's very fast also, customizable and small! I'm expecting the new version of phpBB soon that will have many new features...

vbulletin is absolutely the best choice if you have some money .. but it is very server intensive if your forum become a big one .. and you will probably need a dedicated server to host your forum ... but it's search engine friendly ..phpBB comes after vbulletin and it's free ! but the original phpBB is not search engine friendly .. no worries, there are several mod out there with tutorials to help you make your phpBB search engine friendly in a few steps ..So .. if you are looking for the best, i would say it is vbulletin. And if you are looking for the free and best forum, then phpBB is your only choice :lol:

I use invision, Full paid version, I'm not cheap. Its the best forum and the demos have limits, Multiforums have banners. I get full controll and get to add mods and skins, Ect.

I chose invasion board as i am using this to set up my new forums. It is very simple and easy to use once you get the hang of it, almost full customizable and has lots of add ons, skins and tools. In my eyes its the best forum i have ever come across

I choose vBulletin because there arent a choice for Invision Power Board and I dont want to go for others... vBulltein has lots of great features and are the best professional boards in the world.

vBulletin is going to introduce its lastest version 3.5.0 that has many never seen before in many other boards and their official forums are running it now. For more information about vBulletin 3.5.0 check here

However, hitting on my number 1 hit list is Invision Power Board. They are a very flexible software board with lots of great mods avalable for customer to use. Their mods are better and more feasible than vBulletin and many different organisations are working on IPB to develop better mods for IPB like Dean Scripting and others.

Those above are stated for paid version of forum boards. Talking about free board of couse rank 1 for me would be phpBB where they have the best free boards now ever since IPB change to paid boards. phpBB is also very flexible and customizeable and many developers are working on it to make sure that it remains free as phpBB is consider the board with the most number of modifications and hacks addons.

Invisionfree prodce rather great services as they host your board for you and they're very reliable. They have more than 500 thousands board online and still increasing. Of course, they also have many ppl experiementing with the board but they're limited to using only the board wrappers. The bad point of InvisionFree is that you have completely no access to your IF files and cannot edit your board that easily... They also have a maximum amount of characters in your board wrappers which restrict you to the number of addons you can have. This fully tanished the flexibility of it and spoil my mood...

SMF is a rather new board for me cause I've never experiement with it so I cannot give a good view of it.

So if you wanna go for a free board and you has your own hosting(preferably with Xisto) then go for phpBB, otherwise go for Invisionfree

For paid boards of course if you wanted professional looking boards go for vBulltein otherwise if you wanted a board that has lots of features and addons with almost every single thing in the interenet world is available go for Invision Power Board.

Anyway, thanx for your kind attention reading my long rant... :lol: