xisto Community
c3nar1us

Problem With Windows Windows wont load up anymore...

I just bought a new Dell and installed a wireless network for my older HP(not too old).I had it running for about 2 days and ran System Restore to about 3 months ago and it went through its deal with restoring and when it rebooted, it went to the screen that says it couldnt be booted up normally and asks me to choose how I want to start up with. I have tried every option and it just comes back to the same screen.I have put the hard drive in my Dell and tried booting off of it and it still comes to the same thing. I do not have a problem with re-formating and re-installing XP. I just need some information on how to do this.It is running on Windows XP Pro SP2.I really would like to do this as soon as possible.Thank you in advance

Seems the restore corrupted some file. The same happened to me (while restoring) and I tried every possible thing and couldn't get back to running it.Re-installing is pretty easy. All you need to do is to pop the CD in and make sure that the CD-ROM is on boot first (you can do that through the bios settings). Now the setup will automatically run and it's pretty easy from there. Select the hard-drive you want to install to. This will format the drive and install XP when formatted.This was just a brief way of putting it. I guess you'll be able to make it out once you see the setup screen. If you need more help, I'll be happy to. Just reply. :lol:

also, it IS NOT recommended for anyone to run SP2. It's bloated and useless. Except for 64-bit machines. Anyways, try to reinstall the whole machine w/ WinXP (SP1)xboxrulz

I agree with xboxrulz about SP2 being bloated. As for SP2 being more secure, that is debatable, from a Sys Admin's view. One option you could do is place the other HDD into your Dell box and get all the data that you need backed up. Also, you could see if there is a certain file that gets corrupted due to restores and see if you can replace that corrupted file through your Dell machine. Once that is done, place it back into your other machine and boot up and see if that works. Good luck.