xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbstracT

Vent? whats the forum called vent for when you cant

I just looked at my topic 'Women' and saw it was closed because it invoked some harsh emotions from people. Honestly so what?! This forum was made for people to vent about something that's bugging you.

I made the post because I was angry at my wife, and it was just a way to let go of the evil spirits, words, or w.e. For it to fuel the whole "sexism" or "he's an idiot" please save it. That's the beautiful thing about a forum..If you don't like it move to the next topic and if you have constructive criticism post it up.

It wasn't the whole 'middle age' concept about women that I was referring to..It was a simple angry moment that I posted up. Again, this is the vent forum..You post up when you angry as heck and you wanna let it out. I didn't think it would get the whole 'burn him at the stake' moment. Be for real. Now that I said my peace I can chill now.

-B e Z-

I was wondering the same thing after I saw it was closed. If the vent is really there to get things off your chest, so you can get on with your life, then that would be a good thing. But if you get to say something, and several people disagree without trying to understand the problem, then it's okay for the post to be closed?I understand that the topic may have been emotional for some people, but it's a vent. Don't like it? Sure leave your comment, or just move on with you life. But so long as the post didn't promote anything illegal, or didn't use profanity, I don't see the problem.People, it should go without saying that some of the topics are going to seem a bit out there, but it's a vent - the person who wrote it was probably upset/angry/who knows what, so it's kind of the thing to expect in a forum of this sort.I guess the next time I vent, I'll be sure to censor myself so that no one is / can be offended. Granted, this probably won't help me as an avenue for escape, but whatever... maybe the time it takes me to make it all politically correct enough for everyone to accept and praise it will give me enough time to cool off.

I agree with you on the definition of forum and topic of vent. After all, we have topics similar to hating school, people in general and jobs, I believe that your topic was bit more complex than the intended audience. Although I did not close your topic, I was in the mist of making the same decision. But, it was better to have your vent in words than with fists. Please forgive me for implying any wrong action (and I know you would never hit a lady) but I grew up with physically abusing environment. And so with that memory I make that statement. And not every member will see your point eye to eye. I can empathize with your frustration perhaps I am at that of age. And as you know, this forum is made up of some of the widest age range I have ever come across. I am simply saying that most of are not married and do not see the beautiful struggles between a husband and a wife to make the marriage to work. Well, perhaps I am assuming too much.I believe that your topic was closed to prevent further slander at TRAP 17 member(s). In the heat of exchanging ideas, you never know what can happen.

I believe that your topic was closed to prevent further slander at TRAP 17 member(s). In the heat of exchanging ideas, you never know what can happen.

I think whoever closed the thread jumped the gun a bit because up to that point, the thread-starter hadn't even replied to anyone. So by closing the thread before he had a chance to reply, you automatically judged him as being an overreactive type who needed his thread closed to prevent possible offence, when there was no evidence yet that things were going to turn out that way.
This forum is a very sanitized place which probably wouldn't suffer from having a little bit of spice added to it. :lol:

I think whoever closed the thread jumped the gun a bit because up to that point, the thread-starter hadn't even replied to anyone. So by closing the thread before he had a chance to reply, you automatically judged him as being an overreactive type who needed his thread closed to prevent possible offence, when there was no evidence yet that things were going to turn out that way.

This forum is a very sanitized place which probably wouldn't suffer from having a little bit of spice added to it.  :lol:

143272[/snapback]

I'm not exactly sure who we were judging. The way I took that message was preventing further slander against AbstracT, because there were a LOT of people saying some not so nice things about him. I'm not positive, but that was the impression I got when reading that.

I agree with you totally. Venting is to let something off your chest whether it be a stolen donut or some huge world issue...But there are certain guidelines that should be followed. This is a public forum and there are moderators. Moderators are here for a reason and that is to keep this place a happy and um...clean? environment.I don't think your topic was closed because of what it was because I had a topic basically exactly like yours and it was never closed...but it could've been because it's not really viewed anymore. I think it was closed because of the way you approached the subject. Maybe if you had typed it a different way or did this or that some other way to the point where some people would not be emotionally stressed, the topic would've kept up. Even though I think it's stupid and retarded that anyone could get hurt from reading a bunch of words on the Internet, but that's just me.