xisto Community
GM-University

Ps3 picture + stats

Here is a picture of the sleek and sexy new ps3, it has a silver case and sleek sculpted controllers, it looks preety cool doesn't it?

Posted Image

Here are the stats, there aweseome, especially compared to the out-dated ps2...

Embedded Video Memory  0MB

Graphics Processor  RSX "Reality Synthesizer"

Graphics Core Clock Speed  550MHz

System Memory  256MB XDR

Vector Units  1 VMX vector unit per core

System Memory Bandwith  22.4GB/s, RSX 20GB/s (write)/15GB/s (read), SB 2.5GB/s (write)/ 2.5GB/s (read)

Shaders  100 Billion Shader Operations/s

Video Memory  256MB

It also supports high definition up to 480i to 1080i and of course it supports the standard TV that most of us have.

Expansion and Connectivity

Digital Media Formats  Compatible with CR-ROM, CDR+W, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R

Game Media Format  Blu-ray BD-ROM

Other I/O Connectors  Ethernet (RJ45), 6 USB 2.0, CF Slot (Type I, II), SD Slot (Regular, Compact), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, 1 x Optical Audio

Controller Ports  Supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers

Plug and Play Storage  2.5in Removable Hard Drive (Unkown Size)

Standard AV Output Connectors  2 x HDMI, 1 x AV

Integrated Communications  802.11 B/G Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0

The blu-ray disc that will soon take over the DVDs. The standard at the moment is single layer(25gb), dual layer(50gb). So you can imagine how long the game can extend to with superb graphics at the same time. With those cool controllers and wireless bluetooth 2.0 so fast response, in addtion you can use up to 3 PSP as a controller through WI-FI. 2 HDMI meaning you can e.g. video chat and play your games on 2 separate TVs.

Processor Core Spec  1 Core, 7 x SPE 3.2GHz (256KB SRAM per SPE), 7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

Marketing Performance Measurement  2.18 TFLOPs

Processor Clock Speed  3.2GHz

L2 Cache  512KB L2 cache, 256KB per SPE

Processor  Cell processor

So basically all-in-all summed up, this baby is hot... :lol:

But also it will easily compete with the release of Microsofts Follow-up to the XBOX, unluck several people said, the only thing I wait to see is if it's true... :D

~GM-University~

:(

I was really looking forward to the Playstation 3 anyway before the release of this information, but after seeing the information released at the E3 gaming conference, i am really really excited and can't wait any longer for its release. My only major concern really is the fact that the controllers will be unsing bluetooth technology, meaning they will be completey wireless. I am concerned about this because it is well known that wireless technology is less stable then wires, and are as a result more likely to break on us. My only hope is that the makers of this wonderful looking console run many tests to ensure that this technology is as reliable as it can be.I have heard many people complaining about the controllers that the Playstation 3 will have, complaining about the fact they are going to be uncomfortable. I say lets wait until we have all had a chance to use the controller before we come to conclusions about how comfortable they will be.My personal opinion, having looked at both upcoming consoles, is that the Playstation 3 will blow the Xbox 360 completetly out of the water.

Wi-Fi and bluetooth. It has almost every single thing that I ever know of!It's quite amazing (amazing also = expensive). It's gonna replace all of the stuff people have beneath their Television sets (although the only thing it lacks is a VCR :lol:).Really nice. Is it a concept or has it been officialed for release?

i dislike the writing that they've used on the side pf the PS3 it looks exactly like the writing from the SpiderMan movies and looks stupid on the PS3 also the controller has to change becuase that one looks very uncomfortable to hold and play games with as well as looking quite awkward. I hope you can use PS2 controller on the PS3 or else i might not buy one

I still say, and will continue to say, it looks like some form of next generation George Foreman Grill. Either that, or a Scanner.. Either way, though, the controller also looks rather exceptionaly large.. >_>The controller also looks od to me, ionno, while the silver is the same as xbox's default silver, xbox have said that the 360 will have covers you can change.. probably at a price.Ionno, with these crazy curve'd designs, it's pretty weird to see Nintendo come along with a box.. They just crave to be different.nintendo : "So.. you maky maky boxes for Ps2 and Xbox? HAH! we make a CUBE!"few years later Nintendo : "so, you make a curved design?, HAH we make a tiny box."

But , yes, Image aside, the ps3 looks like a pretty powerfull console. But, Power isn't everything, it's what they do. Frankly, all I want is some innovative next gen console games..

Its amazing, i really hope that is the real picture of it, the specs are awsome, i hear the cell processesor is going to be the best, and i really think that this time, the PS3 will be the best console without a doubt.

Hey yeah it looks and seems to be an amazing system at the moment. So far i have heard that the graphics kick the Xbox2's butt so go Sony. I like their design but the controller might be iffy. The orginial ps and ps2 controllers were so easy to use and dynamic but they may have gone curve crazy on this one. Guess ill find out when it comes out.

I am really looking forward to the PS3. Have any of you guys seen the amazing demos of the console? If not, go to ps3.ign.com. Make sure you see the one with the PS3 eyetoy. It's simply amazing. What the guy does is take 2 empty glasses and moves them in front of the camera. On the screen is a pool of water in which the two glasses in reality are transformed into glasses on the screen. What's really cool is that the glasses can interact with the environment on the PS3. He dips one glass into the pool and then spills the water into the other one. It's hard to explain, go see it!

wow???great design ... looks very good, now all we have to do is wait to see the games cos thats whats really matters ... the outside is important by the side of the estethiuc but the power of the system is what matter for us :(:lol: