xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dodgerblue

How Do I Setup A Point System Like The One In This Forum? Something to do with the mysql data?

Hi. TIA for any help you give. (Even if just reading this post :lol:)OK, I need some help with this point system thing. I want to have on my forum, a game called Munjpets (which I have already installed, with the help of hype), and I want to link it to the posts of users such that they get credited points for the posts they make. They then use the points to play in the game.I'm hazarding a guess that I will need to make one or more tables in mysql coincide for both the game and the forum posting.My question is, what do I need to alter in mysql to make this work out?I've got a very vague idea in my mind, and no clue whatsoever to go about carrying this out.Appreciate any information you can give.Thanks :(

What I would do is have another field in the mySQL, like `points` or something. Then use cron jobs.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6317-so-you-wanna-learn-crons-huh/
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/6321-cron-jobs-cron-jobs-in-cpanel-cron-jobs-cron-jobs-using-php/

In the automatically executed PHP file, just put something like this:

<?php$connect = mysql_connect("localhost", "mysql_user", "mysql_password");mysql_select_db("users");mysql_query("UPDATE `users` SET `points`=`points`-1");mysql_close();?>
For this to work `points` must be a number type (probably INT).

I don't understand. Could you explain a bit clearer?Sorry.I actually found the sql entry in the table where the points are located, I just have no idea how to make the one store in the other instead.:S

interesting.. i also wanna know how does Xisto point system work :(
but i was on phpBB user right now.. and i can configure out what you wanna do in phpBB by just simply install CashMOD and post credit to game credit, game score to game credit. :( and learning "how does that mod work" right now..

from invisionize, i found this point mod
i think cronjob concept will be how the Xisto determine to decrese the member posting points day(time) by day(time)..
i m noob and learner in coding, correct me if i m wrong.. :lol:

It's okay, I've got it figured out.I installed the IBStore v3.0 for Invision 2.0 and it's working great.Just ask BuffaloHELP. :lol: